Ming Si sat on the single-seat sofa, her feet resting on the edge of the couch, and curled up against the backrest, with her sleepwear covering her ankles.

After sitting there for five or six minutes, she had almost calmed down. The embarrassment from earlier had receded like tides, leaving only confusion—

In fact, given her proud temperament, when encountering such a situation, her first reaction would undoubtedly be to get up and scold Liang Xian, insisting that he apologize properly. But why did she just behave as if she were an immature innocent girl falling into the arms of her crush? Why did she feel a bit guilty for taking advantage of him?

Her heart was beating incredibly fast; there was even a hint of imperceptible shyness. To figure things out, she needed to calm down and reflect.

It must have been the air she breathed in, saturated with alcohol, making her drunk.

Ming Si slapped her cheeks forcefully—

No more thinking!

While Ming Si was torn between conflicting emotions, Liang Xian wasn't faring any better.

The air still seemed to carry the lingering fragrance of her after-shower, faintly drifting around. She wore silk pajamas, the fabric was so smooth that he could still recall the cool sensation of touching it.

Several fragments played in his memory, overlapping gradually.

The time Ming Si was drunk, she hooked her arm around his neck as though she was afraid he would leave, and her other hand reached for his Adam's apple. Her eyes narrowed, her breath brushing past him lightly. The time she sneaked into his room early in the morning, in the dim light, he only remembered her fair skin and rose-colored lips.

Even when she stood under the distant light in an evening gown, chatting and laughing with others, he could not help but softly curve his lips while watching her.

That was when a thought suddenly popped into his mind.

He wanted to see her more every day.

"What, what are you thinking?" Ming Si watched Liang Xian not moving for a while and couldn't help speaking, "If you hadn't dragged me for no reason, I wouldn't have fallen."

Liang Xian uttered a noncommittal sound.

In fact, he wasn't drunk, just a bit drowsy. He hadn't controlled his strength for a moment during the fall; now the experience had sobered him up completely.

"Who told you to talk nonsense," Ming Si adjusted her position, turning her head to sniff her own collar, then complained, "It all smells like alcohol, so disgusting."

Seemingly in a bad mood after the fall, she started to find faults with him.

This was their usual way of getting along, but Liang Xian was in no mood to tease her at the moment. He simply followed along and said softly, "I won't drink next time. Go change into something else."

Ming Si remained on the sofa, not moving.

Finally sensing something amiss, Liang Xian leaned against the sofa and spoke in a low voice, "Ming Si, do you have something to say?"

Ming Si didn't know what was happening to her. Rationally, she knew she should hurry back to her room, but she just sat there, not moving.

Furthermore, Lin Xijia's words from earlier kept replaying in her mind. The scent of eucalyptus, the suddenly accelerated heartbeat, the blushing cheeks when she fell into his arms, and even an inexplicable touch of resentment at this moment—