She sat up quickly and saw Liang Xian holding a black lighter and a cigarette.

The dim light fell from above, casting the tall and straight figure of the man, and his faint shadow covered her just right.

"Smoking a cigarette," Liang Xian toyed with the lighter in his hand, "What's the matter?"

When she realized that he wasn't going to leave, Ming Si felt like a heavy stone had been lifted off her heart.

She felt both confused and relieved, to the point where she didn't know what to do.

Before she could sort out her emotions, Ming Si grabbed the nearby pillow and hugged it in her arms, looking away and casually making up an excuse, "I'm scared of ghosts."

Liang Xian didn't know what was going on in her mind and chuckled softly, "What are you thinking in that little head of yours?"

"Just, in such a big villa," Ming Si continued to support her excuse, "I will naturally be scared if I'm alone."

With the lighter in his hand hanging down, Liang Xian stood still for a moment, unsure whether to believe her or not.

"Weren't you going to smoke?" Ming Si felt a little uneasy, tugging on the corner of the pillow and raising her gaze, "Go ahead."

"I'm not going to smoke," Liang Xian sat down, casually placing the lighter and cigarette box on the coffee table, and looked at her with a sideways glance, "If you're tired, take a bath and rest early."

Just as Ming Si was about to ask if he was leaving or not, she heard him speak again, his voice relaxed and with a hint of a smile, "I'm here, so ghosts won't dare to come."

Although this villa had been neglected, it was meticulously taken care of every day by dedicated staff. The interior was decorated with fresh flower bouquets that were flown in daily. The furniture and furnishings were kept dust-free, ensuring that Ming Si and Liang Xian could come and stay at any time.

Passing through the wardrobe on the first floor, to the right was a spacious and bright bathroom. Natural hot spring water was directly channeled into the large bathtub, and the room was filled with a faint aroma of camellia flowers.

As the water filled the tub, Ming Si stood in front of the mirror in the walk-in closet and let down her updo, but her hand suddenly paused when she tried to reach behind her.

This evening gown was a high-end design from Valentino, and the highlight was the silver-gray ribbon at the back, intricately tied in a winding manner, with a hint of subtle sensuality hidden in its elegance.

The only downside was that she needed someone's help to put it on.

And, of course, she couldn't take it off by herself either.

She stared at the mirror for a few seconds, closed her eyes with a sense of resignation, and eventually turned around to open the door of the walk-in closet, carefully calling out, "Liang Xian?"

On this evening, Ming Si slept in the master bedroom on the second floor, while Liang Xian slept in the guest room diagonally across the hall.

Before going to bed, Liang Xian took a cold shower, but the inexplicable irritability still lingered. He leaned against the sofa and absentmindedly checked his messages.

In the group chat, Ke Lijie sent several videos of a drunk Cheng Yu.

In the past, Liang Xian might not have been interested in clicking on them, but this time he surprisingly watched every one of them in its entirety.

Cheng Yu was usually a comedic character, and when drunk, he became even more wild and funny, stumbling around, attempting to walk in a straight line one moment and hugging the trash bin as if it were his best buddy the next.