Thus, Ming Si always triumphed.

Similar incidents occurred many times, and Ming Si became more and more fond of seeking support from Liang Xian's mother. Sometimes, even if she had no conflict with Liang Xian, she would find ways to talk to his mother.

She was beautiful and had a sweet mouth, even the doctors at the healing resort liked her. One day, a doctor bent down and asked, "Little girl, why do you always like to find Aunt Bai?"

Ming Si replied almost instantly, "Because Aunt Bai is beautiful and gentle."

"Then let Aunt Bai be your mommy, okay?"

"Okay!" Ming Si agreed quickly, her eyes curved into crescent moons as she smiled. But then she became worried and said seriously, "But Aunt Bai is Liang Xian's mommy, I can't snatch her away from him."

The doctor smiled at Liang Xian's mother, "Indeed, you can't snatch her away. But when you grow up and marry Liang Xian, Aunt Bai will be your mommy."

What? The cost was so high!

Ming Si's eyes widened suddenly, as though she had been struck dumb by thunder.

Later, when she was playing beach soccer with Cheng Yu and Liang Xian, those words of the doctor kept floating in Ming Si's mind. At times, she angrily thought that the doctor was unreasonable to propose such a hegemonic condition, and at times, her face inexplicably turned hot, feeling very embarrassed.

Perhaps because of her absent-mindedness, when they later went swimming, although Ming Si was in the shallow waters where her feet could touch the ground, she ended up cramping and kept choking on water, continuously struggling as she almost drowned. In the end, Liang Xian had to carry her out of the water.

That evening, as the sun descended, there were circles of yellow halos blooming before her eyes. Water droplets slid down from her eye corners, hot and dry. She felt uncomfortable and just wanted to close her eyes.

After getting back to shore, someone patted her back, and finally, she coughed out the water.

Having experienced a near-death experience, Ming Si couldn't bother to dwell on the difficult life question of whether to marry Liang Xian or not.

Perhaps because she had just reminisced about the near-drowning incident, Ming Si felt a bit suffocated at the moment.

She got up and went to the restroom for a moment, and when she returned, she saw Liang Xian standing at the podium with a standing microphone. After a few words, he casually walked down the stage.

In a corner not far from the stage, Liang Jinyu and Zhong Wanzhi stood side by side.

Seeing their expressions, which seemed as if they had eaten something rotten, Ming Si suddenly understood why Liang Xian, a person who was carefree and never took anything seriously, agreed to this marriage alliance—

Is there anything more satisfying than inheriting the family fortune to infuriate this ambitious mother and son?

"Miss Ming, Young Master is looking for you," at this moment, the butler walked over to guide her, "Young Master asks you to sit over there."

After the dinner began, exquisite dishes were served one by one on the table. For some reason, despite having her favorite wasabi salmon and ice cream, Ming Si couldn't muster any appetite.

She even stared at the carved patterns on the silver spoon for a while, lost in thought.

"What's wrong?" Liang Xian also noticed that something was amiss and turned his head to ask.