He felt his heart breaking.

Through the phone, Ming Si could hear Cheng Yu's excitement, and she could almost deduce that something had happened on his end.

She was just as clueless as Cheng Yu about the situation, "Do you need something?"

On the other end of the call, there was the sound of a door closing, and the background noise suddenly became quiet.

"Are you coming today?" she heard him ask.

Ming Si paused her pen and glanced around before fixing her gaze on the cactus on her work desk.

In the past, whenever Cheng Yu gathered people, Liang Xian and she never asked each other the question: Are you coming? Whether they could meet depended entirely on fate.

Liang Xian... what's wrong with him these days?

It felt as if he had been possessed by someone else after receiving the marriage certificate.

"Not coming. I am attending a cocktail party for an art exhibition in the evening," Ming Si replied but still found it hard to accept Liang Xian's strange behavior these days. She hesitated before asking, "Have you experienced any brief blanks in your mind recently or lost memories of a certain period?"

Hearing her serious tone, Liang Xian thought it was something important. After realizing what she meant, he suddenly laughed, "Do you suspect I have split personality?"

"Ah," Ming Si responded, "Don't you?"

To the south of the study was a four-panel window, and Liang Xian was leaning against the windowsill at the moment, one leg lazily extended. When he heard her, he couldn't help but laugh in exasperation, "Ming Si, do you think that I can't do anything to you over the phone?"

Ming Si replied half-heartedly, "Wow, I'm so scared. What will you do to me?"

"I..." The words he wanted to say swirled at the tip of his tongue and were suppressed. Liang Xian suddenly recalled how she couldn't resist his teasing and decided to change his approach.

He lowered his voice, hinting at a smile, "What do you think... I would do to you?"

Liang Xian had always been carefree, and he was a true dandy without any pretense. Now, with his voice lowered and a playful tone, a sense of charm filled his words, hinting at some not-so-appropriate intentions.

Sure enough, Ming Si cursed him for being shameless and was about to hang up.

But Liang Xian spoke just in time before she could act, "Alright, I won't tease you anymore. I apologize... What time will you go? I'll pick you up."

"Liang Xian, don't tell me you're really trying to be a model of..." Ming Si paused for a moment, unable to bring herself to say the word filial piety, but fortunately, they understood each other, so she skipped over it, "Have you... developed feelings?"

"Not at all," Liang Xian leaned against the wall, changed his posture, and thought for a moment, "I have something to give you."

"What is it?" Ming Si didn't quite believe it.

He really couldn't deceive her.

Liang Xian didn't bother to come up with excuses, "Anyway, I need to talk to you about something. I'll wait for you downstairs at your place, in the same car as last time."

Ming Si picked up the colored pencil again and gently blew away the pencil shavings from the tip.

From Liang Xian's tone, it seemed he had already made up his mind.