Chapter 57 (Final)

Author's pov

During lunch break Vegas left to go to Pete's house. His right hand could handle things for him. As he got to his destination, he got out of the car and headed towards the front door. When he was about knock, the door swung open and a body was thrown on him. He quickly realised that it was Pete.

"Woah haha seems like someone is excited to see me" Vegas chuckled, lifting the smaller off the ground. He moved forward like that and closed the door while still holding onto the clinging male. Pete had his face tucked in the crook of the taller's neck.

"Missed me that much ?" Vegas asked, walking to the sofa with Pete. He sat down with the younger in his lap and felt the latter nod his head.

"Not gonna face me?"

The teasing tone of Vegas was enough to make Pete's face go red. He shook his head and felt the laugh vibrate through Vegas's body. Big hands sneaked on both sides of his waist as they held him securely.

"Then who's gonna feed me those cookies, love ?"

At that Pete went stiff. He felt Vegas's breath right next to his ear. Before he could do anything, Vegas started attacking his neck with kisses. Pete squealed and pulled away from Vegas, covering the older's mouth with his palm. But Vegas kissed that too, making Pete appear like a cherry.

Vegas smiled as the palm was retreated. He pinched the smaller's cheek affectionately.

"So what's the matter?"

He could tell Pete wanted to say something. So he waited patiently for the latter to speak. Pete hesitated, not finding the words to describe his feelings. He could only smile like a fool.

Pete tucked a few strands of hair behind Vegas's ear and the older felt butterflies in his lower stomach. The action made him reminisce about their first date. Oh how he still cherishes those memories.

"Do you...remember...when I moved a hair strand from from your face just like this and then we kissed as the fireworks went off ?"

It was difficult for Vegas to comprehend whether the words leaving Pete's lips were real or hallucinations played by his mind. He was just staring at Pete wide eyed, like a deer caught in the headlight.

"Pete y-you..." His voice trembled with emotions. He couldn't finish his sentence because his eyes were stinging so much. He took the younger's face in his hands. Pete nodded with a giant smile.

Vegas felt like his heart just exploded from happiness as he pulled the latter close and hugged him tightly. He hasn't experienced this much joy for a while now. It was as if someone had put the last piece of a puzzle, that puzzle was his heart.

"You- I- does anyone else know about this?" He asked through tears. Pete wiped the tears off his face.

"No. I wanted you to be the first person to know this" Replied Pete.

"I'm not dreaming, am I ?" Vegas let out a watery laugh.

"No you're not"

"Now kiss me, will you?" Pete demanded. Vegas was both endeared and thrilled by the invitation. He cupped the smaller's cheek lovingly as he leaned forward. Pete, too, closed his eyes and when their lips met, they saw heaven behind their closed eyelids. Slowly and softly they kissed, savouring the moment, basking in their love for each other.

Pete again wiped the stray tear that fell from Vegas's eyes after they parted. The older kissed his forehead.

"Fall in love with me again?" Vegas asked, taking Pete's right hand and kissing it. The latter laughed, shaking his head at the expectant puppy look Vegas gave him.

"I'm already in love with you, dummy. I was falling for you even before regaining my memory back" Pete poured his feelings out. He had realised one thing that no matter where he was, who he was or in which circumstance he was, he was bound to fall for Vegas. In every universe, in every life, they were supposed to be with each other.

"I love you! I love you! I love you!!" Vegas exclaimed, standing up and spinning Pete around.

"I love you, Pete"

The happiness in Vegas's eyes shone like a thousand diamonds under the sunlight. His whole being was glowing. Pete sighed in content, resting his forehead against the older's, he stated,

"I love you too, Vegas"

Pete brought his face closer to kiss Vegas again. Soft lips moving in slow tantalizing movements, made them forget all their past sufferings and misery. In that moment, they were two ordinary men madly in love with one another.

They pulled away gently, looking intoxicated and satisfied.

"Do I get my cookies now?" Vegas suddenly asked and both of them started laughing.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

You cannot look into someone's heart and not fall for them. They exchanged each other's and became trapped for eternity.

Should I do an epilogue?