Without You (Angst) | Lyney

A/N: Thanks for 300+ reads! I was so surprised when I found out! ^^ There's also a couple non canon events! Thanks so much for your patience! Enjoy~

♡♤♢

(Third Pov)

It was a beautiful, sunny day in Fontaine. The skies were blue without a single cloud in sight. The grass was continuously growing on the hills; creating soft shines that could be seen from a far distance.

The salty air from the ocean/ lake felt so wonderful as (y/n) inhaled it before laying on the grass beside her boyfriend, Lyney.

"This has been such an amazing day." (y/n) exhaled. Lyney took her hand and intertwined it with his, "It most certainly has."

Not far away, the couple could hear the water breaking away at the sandy beaches and the noisy pelicans searching for their next meals. The soft breeze picking up again and the fresh smell of blooming flowers filled the air.

Another long moment of comfortable silence passed until Lyney sat up to capture (y/n)'s attention. "(y/n), do you ever think about the future?"

She looked a little surprised by the sudden question but answered without a trace of hesitation. "Occasionally but what brought this up?"

(y/n) watched as he looked away for a brief moment. For whatever reason, Lyney looked a little anxious.

"Lyney?" (y/n) reached out for his hand but Lyney pulled her closer to him instead. He plucked a small flower and placed it behind her ear. "So beautiful." Lyney hummed while caressing her face. (y/n) leaned into his hand before asking again, "Lyney, why do you look nervous?"

She looked up to see his smile turn into sadness before finally giving in, "Father has recently informed me that I'll become her successor one day. Protecting my family is one thing, but becoming a harbinger? It terrifies me to become like them. But the worst thought, is if this breaks us apart. I don't want that to happen.."

(y/n) gave a genuine smile and rubbed her thumb against his. "Lyney, do you remember when I found out you and your siblings were fatuu?" Lyney nodded as he recalled the memory, "Yes, you didn't seem very frightened, rather surprised honestly."

"Mhm! And I've stayed by your side from the moment we met. So when the time does come for you to take your father's place, I want you to know that I'll always be by your side." She placed a kiss on his cheek before lying back down on the grass.

Lyney laid down beside her, "You promise?" She nodded, "Of course silly! I'll always love you even when I die." Suddenly, (y/n) gasped and covered her mouth as if she had just said something offensive.