Nightmares | Lyney

A/N: Happy Valentine's day!! This is just a random idea that came to mind! Some blood and angst warning

A/N: Happy Valentine's day!! This is just a random idea that came to mind! Some blood and angst warning. Thanks for 90+ reads! Enjoy~

♡♤♢

(y/n) Pov

The clouds faded into beautiful shades of yellow, pink and purple as the sun began to set. The setting was absolutely breathtaking.

Lyney took me to see one of my favorite musical/play/opera/production at the Opera Epiclese. And afterwards, he took me to a spot, by the ocean, where a romantic picnic was set up.

We dined and talked about our dreams and the future for hours. Eventually, we ended the night dancing barefoot on the sandy beach.

I was so happy being held by the one guy I truly loved. I felt so safe in Lyney's arms as we danced the night away.

I wished the night would last forever. But then..

"(y/n), there's something I have to tell you." He sounded serious for a moment. I looked up at him warmly smiling, "Of course, Lyney, you can tell me anything."

He sadly smiled, "I'm going back to Sneznaya for a couple of weeks.. I'm going to miss you so much!" Lyney whined before pulling me into a tight hug.

"Don't forget me while I'm gone.." I heard him whisper. I ruffled up his hair and playfully scoffed, "You're so dramatic! You'll be back in a couple of weeks. I'm not going to be able to forget your face in that amount of time."

"Good."

~Time Skip a couple of weeks~

It was finally the day that Lyney would return from Sneznaya. I waited for him to return but he never came.

I decided to go look for him but couldn't find him in the city. I headed to our spot where we had our picnic.

But it was just an empty little area by the ocean, hidden away from the rest of Fontaine. I began to panic but realized he's a few days late on trips sometimes.

I was close to praying to the Archons when I suddenly heard rustling from the bushes. I summoned my weapon but let it go once I saw Lyney.

I froze when I saw the giant gash on his chest and a stab wound on his lower abdomen.

I ran over to him but he collapsed on the ground. "H-Hey...(y/n).." He barely managed to say.

I held Lyney in my shaking arms. "How'd you get here in that condition?! What happened?"

"I-I teleported...We were...attacked and now t...the enemy is heading here..You h-have to go and warn the Hydro Archon.." He caressed my cheek but I shook my head, "I can't leave you like this!"