27.

Riah's POV.

Last night, Scott and I ended up going home not too long after Allison and I got back to the jeep. The boys hadn't found Lydia in the Hale house which meant she was still missing, and naked. I had to admit that even I was worried about her. If she was turning, then Beacon Hills was in danger, which leads up to the current conversation I had been pulled into while walking toward school beside Scott, using him as a wall between Stiles and me. I was pretty sure he knew that but didn't mind.

"She ate the liver?" Scott asked Stiles, not being able to believe it.

"No, I didn't say she ate it," Stiles corrected him. "I just said it was missing."

"Does it matter?" I cut in, opening my handbag. "Even if she did, so what? It's the most nutritious part of the body."

"I never ate anyone's liver," Scott said, raising his brow at me. "Have you?"

"What if I did?" I hummed, fixing my lip gloss before laughing at their disgusted faces. "I'm joking. But seriously, Scott, when it comes to werewolves, you're a real model of self-control." I made sure to throw in as much sarcasm as I could.

"Actually, wait—Hold on," Stiles said, stopping us before we reached the doors. "You're the starter case for this, so we should be going over what happened to you." He pointed at Scott while I slipped my lip gloss back into my bag.

"What do you mean?" Scott asked, obviously not clicking on.

"He means like what was going through your mind when you were turning," I explained for Stiles. "What were you drawn to?"

Scott looked like a gaping fish out of water for a few seconds and I sighed. "Allison," he admitted.

Stiles sent him an annoyed look. "Okay, nothing else? Seriously?"

"Nothing else mattered. But, no, that's good, though, right?" Scott asked us. "'Cause the night that Lydia was bit, she was with you two."

"Yeah, don't remind me," I grumbled, grabbing my side. "I now have a new damn scar. And Lydia was looking for Jackson."

"Did it actually scar?" Scott asked with a surprised face.

I nodded, lifting up my black cropped shirt to show them the four claw holes above my hip. "I didn't think it would, but apparently so."

Stiles cringed. "That looks—"

"Hey, Riah!"

The three of us turned around to the parking lot where I spotted Isaac leaned against my car with a faint smile thrown my way.

I smiled, waving at him. Isaac hadn't spoken to me since the dance, but I had to admit I thought about our dance often. I wasn't sure what it was, but something about him made me happy to think back on.

"I'll meet you guys in class," I said, looking back at a confused Scott and at an annoyed Stiles. "Good luck at practice."

"Why are you talking to him all of a sudden?" Stiles asked me with a bite in his tone.

I rolled my eyes, walking away from them. "Because Isaac knows what he wants and doesn't fuck me around," I threw over my shoulder with the same amount of bite in my words.

Scott lowly whistled. "She's still pissed with you."

I shut out their voices, smiling at Isaac as I stopped beside him. But then my smile dropped when I smelt his scent and I felt my eyes flash.

"Isaac," I said carefully, grabbing his hand and pulling him behind my car. "What did you do?"

Isaac nervously looked at me and then at my car. "I think we should go for a drive," he whispered with a small amount of desperation in his voice.