30

Honesty POV

To be continued

"Kasey! What's going on?" I asked as I finally got to the beach. I practically ran here to get to her when she called me crying like that.

She had her face buried in her knees as she cried and rocked back and forth.

"Kasey.." I said. "You're scaring me" I added as I sat beside her on the blanket that she had placed on the sand.

"My grandma died." She said and my jaw dropped.

"Grandma Lucy???" I said in complete shock and she nodded her head.

Since Kasey never had her parents, her grandmother was the one taking care of her. Her guardian. And they didn't have the best relationship either but that's the only person Kasey had in her family.

"Oh my gosh.. Kasey" I said hugging her tightly as tears flowed my face and she hugged me back. "I have nobody now. Nobody." Kasey cried.

"That's not true" I said.

"My grandmother was a pain in the ass too but at least she took care of me unlike my parents. And she's gone. I came home and she was laid out on the floor, dead." Kasey said.

"Oh my goodness. Do you know the cause?" I asked.

"Alcohol poisoning." She said.

I sighed squeezing her tight and she just cried in my arms. "You got me. And you got my family. You've been our family since we met. You're my best friend. My everything." I said, and she cried even harder.

"I love you so much" Kasey cried.

"I love you more" I said. "Where are you gonna be living at now?" I asked.

"I have to move out my granny's house. I'm only 17 I don't have the money or even a job to keep the place going. We in high school and I sell drugs to stay afloat. Like.." Kasey said wiping her tears.

"Look- I'm gonna ask my mom and Kamal if you can live with us. I'm sure they'll say yeah. And you can sleep in my room with me." I said.

"No Honesty no" She said.

"You don't have a choice. I'm not allowing you to go to a foster home. There's no reason for that when you got me." I said and she just looked at me before she nodded her head.

"Like I said you're family." I added, before we hugged again.

We then stood up, and I looked ahead of the ocean and froze when I seen my dad standing there in the middle of the water.

"Honesty?" Kasey said but I couldn't even move, I was stuck. Just staring at my father.

"Your friend here still loves and forgives her grandmother but you can't forgive me." He said.

I squinted my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Honesty what are you looking at?" Kasey asked me.

"Tell her. Tell her what you're looking at" My dad said.

"Honesty!" Kasey said.

I blinked a few times and looked at her saying "Let's go."

-

HeavenLeigh POV

"He's been crying for the past 30 minutes while you were in the shower" Kamal said holding DaJaun in his arms and DaJaun was crying loudly.

"Aww DaJaun baby, what's wrong? You hungry?" I asked walking over to Kamal, and I grabbed DaJaun from him and slightly bounced him trying to get him to calm down.

"It's okay my love" I said kissing his forehead over and over.

"I thought he shitted on himself but he didn't so he probably hungry" Kamal said and I laughed at how he said it.

"Your choice of words is just like your sister's" I said referring to Remy and he laughed saying "I'm just saying though"

I sat on the edge of the bed and lifted my shirt up, beginning to breast feed DaJaun.

"I'm gonna go talk to Kumar, I'll be right back" Kamal said.

"Okay" I said as he got up from the bed and he left out of the bedroom, shutting the door behind him.

I looked down at DaJaun while breastfeeding him, and I rocked him back and forth.

"Want mommy to sing to you? Hmm?" I said to him as I kissed his forehead.

"Don't wake me up cause I'm in love with all that you are
You make me see the truth in things I think that you are
The remedy for everything it seems that you are
The truth itself cause nothing else could take me so far" I sang.

DaJaun looked up at me, and I smiled a little as I continued.

"My afternoon dream when
The world is speedin'
I am still sleepin'
In my blue dream and
I know the meanin'
For all the seasons
You are the reason
My love" I sang.

"My mind is open
So wide since you came inside
I feel so alive
Without you life just passes by
Passes by, passes by"

Then I took a deep breath and DaJaun smiled at me and I giggled saying "You must've liked it huh?"

I pulled my shirt down and started burping him. "My sweet love" I said to him.

-

Kumar POV

"Kumar" My dad said walking in my room, and I sat up in the bed saying "Yeah?"

"You good?" He asked me.

"Yeah, just real sleepy. My sleeping pattern been off because me and Genesis be up all night on the phone" I said and he chuckled.

"I remember them days. You gotta chill on that though, or that fucked up sleeping pattern gone be permanent" My dad said.

"Yeah I know. That's why I told her tonight we just gone text. But we really like each other dad. It ain't just sex. Last girl I was dealing wit, we was just having sex and that's it. But with Genesis it's feelings involved so, I made that step and asked her to be my girl" I said.

"Word?" My dad said. I smiled and said "Yeah"

"That's good son, you treat that young lady wit the upmost respect like I taught you." My dad said.

"Of course. Does this mean now she can spend the night?" I asked.

"Nope" My dad said and I smacked my lips making him laugh.

"Come on pops" I said.

"Ain't nobody gone be doing no fuckin in this house except me and my wife" My dad said and I made a face before laughing.

"Who said that's what I wanted to do?" I said and my dad gave me a look.

"You right." I said and we both laughed. "But aight, I got chu" I added as we did our handshake.

"I love you son" My dad said putting one arm around me before he playfully pushed my forehead.

"I love you too dad" I said back as he stood up and left out the room.

-

☕️