23| 𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔

Start from the beginning

"Don't you fucking touch her", he says his voice sending chills down my spine.

His tall frame covers my view of the man and I get a whiff of his minty fresh cologne.

I step out from behind Kai regaining my position and seeing the man cowering in fear before smirking and pulling out his phone.

"What are you doing", Kai asks still pissed.

"Calling DMZ headquarters the rest of them will be here in a matter of seconds", he says confidently.

What happens next is totally deserved at least from my standpoint.

Kai swats the phone aggressively out of his hands making it land hard on the floor.

I laugh before covering my mouth.

The man quickly dives to the ground making his camera detach from his neck and I take the chance.

I proceed to stomp on his camera with multiple kicks making sure to shatter it to pieces, there's no way he could recover any of this footage even if he wanted to.

"NOOO", he screams in anguish.

"I'm calling the police", he yells his anger attracting some attention from curious onlookers.

Yup, that's our cue to leave.

"Let's run for it", I say to Kai grabbing his hand already beginning to make a run for it.

"HEYYY COME BACK HERE!!!", the man yells seeing us breaking out into a sprint.

"Wait, but where-

"Just keep running Kai we cannot afford to garner attention or risk even the chance of the police", I say my words coming out in breaths.

"Alright lead the way", he says holding onto my hand even tighter.

We go as fast as we can, our feet quickly clashing against the pavement and heading straight towards what looks like a small alleyway that leads out onto a common street.

we cross the entire alleyway and come across a semi-busy street startling a few people walking along the sidewalks.

I look around quickly and see an entire array of different stores.

a grocery store, a library, some cafes, a movie theatre, a hair shop, auto parts, a nail/spa place and various restaurants.

Our best bet would be to go into that huge library/bookstore. It looked like a place that wouldn't be as easy to trace anybody at least without making a lot of noise.

"Summer, Where to now?", Kai asks slightly out of breath making me think quickly my mind and body running at many miles per second.

"follow me", I say quickly towards and into the huge library.

"Are you serious, the library??", he asks as we quickly enter the library rushing past the front desk and earning a few odd looks.

"Shut the fuck up and keep quiet", I say snapping at him annoyed by his questions.

I eventually find a small door behind the last bookshelves and squeeze in with Kai still holding onto my hand.

We settle in with labored breaths the space being much smaller than I ever imagined.

It was silent for a while nothing but our heavy breathing.

My mind finally manages to comprehend what we just did and I start laughing while Kai looks at me in amusement.

"I can't believe we just did that...", I say more than excited.

He laughs too his head going back a bit.

"Honestly it was all you, who knew you were that fast on your feet", he says.

"Careful never underestimate me I could probably even take your spot on the basketball team", I say laughing with him joining in.

Although after the laughter there's a dangerous shift in the air, one that we both didn't fully comprehend until now.

We somehow always found ourselves in comprising positions.

Picture two people face to face in between 2 shelves, like being trapped in a small closet tiny enough for only coats and jackets.

I look up at Kai not even meaning to meet his eyes but being forced to due to the extremely close proximity.

Although I realize he now seems to be staring at our hands still clasped together causing him to immediately clear his throat and let go.

I stare at his face noticing that it's slowly turning red and flustered due to my literal chest pressed up against his.

He tries to look away but I know he feels my eyes on his.

Finally, he gives in and his eyes meet mine, his head tired of trying to look anywhere else but at my face.

I swear my heart is beating so loud that I can feel it throughout my entire body.

None of us say a word and just keep staring at each other.

His eyes look as if he'll crumble any moment, almost like he is holding himself back.

Don't hold yourself back

No! What am I thinking I'm just deluded.

I have to be going insane because that look in the eyes of Kai Brent has got to be mistakable, for his sake and mine.

In this moment our eyes were like magnets drawing our bodies together with a hypnotic pull.

But before we could even do anything- not like we were ever going to.

We hear the door to the storage closet burst open a tall lady with cat glasses immediately points an accusing finger at us.

"There you are", she whispers in a strong tone.

Oh we're fucked

———————————————————————

A/N: 3 chapter updates back to back???? Who knows I just might deliver depending on how bad y'all want it👀 feel free to comment YALL I like the input.