"What If"... Aziraphale really wanted to confess in S2 Ep5?

... and they wouldn't have been interrupted? Now, hear me out. Aziraphale didn't know that demons were waiting outside, which is why he didn't share Crowley's worries. Let's just pretend for the following scene that the demons never threw the brick because they simply couldn't do any harm to the bookshop and were forced to wait for the doors to open.

Crowley had made his way through the dancing people and appeared right behind Aziraphale, who watched the scenery with a smile

Crowley had made his way through the dancing people and appeared right behind Aziraphale, who watched the scenery with a smile. "Making it rain is one thing, but a Ball with..." Crowley tried to find the right words for that absurd scenario he was in. "Look, there's something wrong. There is something really wrong." Aziraphale tried to breath even, he felt nervous as he thought about his plan once again but he was ready to shoot his try.

"Well, perphaps you could tell me" he began even before turning around to look at Crowley. "... while we dance." He looked expectantly at the demon.

"You don't dance" Crowley said sceptical, brows furrowed.

Since the reaction wasn't exactly a 'No', Aziraphale grabbed Crowley's hand excitedly and dragged him along to join the others dancing. A wide smile was spread across his face, unable to hide the joy he felt. This was perfect, utterly romantic even.

Crowley was more than just confused. Everything felt so odd, not to mention the danger awaiting them outside the bookshop. If his angel would just listen... They were safe for now but this evening couldn't last forever. Overwhelmed by the entire situation, Crowley somehow just went with it. He knew they could dance, he knew they weren't part of the miracle, yet Crowley was surprised how well they knew the steps and moved together. And that it didn't bother him at all to dance with his angel in an utterly exaggeratedly cheesy situation like this. His hand lay softly on Aziraphale's, fingers slightly curled around his hand. Their touch so softly, so gentle and not even planned but Aziraphale noticed every detail of it, his heart racing as they moved. First, he thought Crowley had curled his finger like that by accident but with every new time their hands touched, Crowley's fingers curled around his hand again like it was the most natural thing. Their eyes met and did Crowley just blush? Aziraphale's heart sure skipped a beat.

Actually, Aziraphale was curious to see how Maggie and Nina were doing but he couldn't take his eyes off Crowley. He looked so handsome and everything about this moment felt so good, he wanted it to last forever. Knowing that this was impossible, Aziraphale tried to capture every little detail to at least remember it whenever he wanted to.

"Hell has sent demons" Crowley said gravely and disturbed Azirphale's thoughts. His brows were furrowed, jaw clenched. If Aziraphale wouldn't have been so caught up in the moment, he would've realized that Crowley was actually really worried. "They are milling around outside, they want Gabriel."

Nevertheless, Crowley didn't stop dancing while talking. It was like the angel was guiding their way and the two of them never having done anything else than spending the evenings dancing together. "We're perfectly safe in here" Aziraphale tried to reassure the demon. He couldn't help the smile that still lay on his lips out of pure joy for this moment. He was dancing with his demon. "Technically, this bookshop still counts as an Embassy."