a little bit too much like me ~wm~

I need to update this more often but I've had so much going the past 6 months. sorry y'all.
hope u enjoy this :)

Eliza aged- 17
________________________

Eliza's POV:

Ever since I was little I've been told I'm the spitting image of my mom. I've even been told I'm a copy and paste of her. I take it as a compliment; my mom is my hero, role-model and my world, so being told
I'm just like her means everything to me.

But I've never failed to notice the almost disgusted expression my mom pulls whenever someone mentions it. It's like she physically winces at the thought of me being anything like her.

So I can tell right now is a very uncomfortable situation for her. We are currently having dinner in the compound with the others and they're all talking about how me and my mom could be twins because of how much we look alike. That's probably an exaggeration.

"No but just take a good look at them though, it's like the Grady Girls are sat right in front of me." Sam comments, laughing away at his own joke as every one else does so too. It's clear that they're obviously all drunk. I look to my mom who just chuckles along nervously as she takes another big gulp of her wine.

"Eliza may as well have been called Lady Maximoff number two!" Thor adds drunkly, everyone's laughter becoming louder as their jokes just increase but don't become any funnier. The fact that they're not funny make them funny. I snigger slightly then look over to my mom who looks almost out of it, she has drank too much by the looks of it.

I nudge Clint and ask him to swap seats with me so I can be closer to her, he kindly accepts and swaps with me so now I'm directly opposite mom. I lean over and place my hands on top of her's so she knows that I'm there for her. She glances up at me swiftly, sweetly smiling before looking back down in disappointment. I can't tell whether it's the jokes that are bothering her or if something else has happened.

The sound of everyone's laughter must not be helping with her already stressed state, so I let her drink the last of her wine before I plan to move it away and take her back to her room.

"It's a good job Vision ain't here he could pop the wrong hole not knowing who's who." Sam continues, now everyone is in a complete fit of laughter except me and mom as we are just disgusted. "Bro that's my dad..."

"Mentally, yes. Biologically, no." Tony says in a cocky tone with a slight smirk which only annoys me further but it seems mom is more annoyed by the way she slams her glass back down onto the table, shattering it as she does so. An eerie silence clouds
the room. This is awkward.

"Don't you ever talk about my daughter in such a manner again, do you understand?" Her Sokovian accent is thicker than ever, making her threat more intimidating then it needed to be.

Sam visibly gulps and nods very clear in agreement, my mom scowling at everyone on the table and stumbling as she gets up, mumbling "Сучки" as she trudges away. I get up quickly and follow after her, putting her arm around my shoulder as I help her back to her room safely.

"No baby it's okay I can do it," she argues as she tries to gently push me away but I refuse and carry on letting her lean on me regardless. I lead her to her bed and let her flop onto it, only for her to sit up in a matter of seconds and just burst out laughing.

Watching her do this only makes me laugh along with her too, until she bursts into a fit of sobs, my amused expression rapidly changing to a concerned one. Just as I sit beside her to comfort her, the cackling begins again.

"Oh we're laughing again," I say under my breath tiredly and begin to fake laugh along with her, only for her to then breakdown in tears again. "Great more tears..it's okay, mama, it's okay..." I comfortingly whisper to her as she leans her head onto my lap and interlocks her fingers with mine.