Young love

Rachel was quite popular in school. She knew it and she owned it. She walked around with her head held high, making rumours that benefited her and defending those who she loved. One of those people was Monica Geller.

She was quite the peculiar type. Quirky? Yes. Clean freak? Absolutely. Did any of this matter? No. Monica was her best friend, she's been there through everything and friendship meant the world to her. 

Rachel Green got everything she wanted given that she came from a rich family but physical gifts weren't everything. It was difficult for her to trust people, she never knew who to trust and who not to trust. But she could bet her life on Monica. There wasn't a single doubt in her that she wouldn't be there for her.

She used to be this enormous fat kid but one insult from this no name Chandler Bing and she lost weight so fast you thought all the M&Ms were gone from the world. But she never cared what Monica Geller looked like because to her she was beautiful no matter what and most of all she was someone she could confide in.

However, there was one thing that she couldn't talk about with her best friend and that was her geeky older brother Ross. He was nice and all but sometimes he could be a real creep. He just stared at her and she couldn't quite figure out why. Logically she would think he had a crush on her but he was a college guy now where he must get tons of girls. If she can recall it correctly he did mention a girl named Carol.

Anyway, the main point was, that she couldn't talk about Ross's odd behaviour with Monica because she would just start making up crazy scenarios. She made that mistake once. The topic of Ross was brought up and already Rachel Green was Rachel Geller. One could say Rachel freaked out a little. A lot. She ran for the hills. There wasn't a chance she was settling down. Not now, not for a while. Especially not with someone like Ross. There would be no heat. He just looked so... vanilla.

Although, there are times where he was extremely hot. Like right now. His hair was cut and finally styled in a way that suit him well. The moustache was gone and he was wearing a suit. Rachel was a sucker for guys in suit. But the most important of all, he was here picking her and Monica up from school in his new Camaro. Apparently he has been saving up for this car for a while and boy did it pay off. Never in her life did it cross Rachel's mind that Ross Geller could be hot but here he was leaning against the car with a pair of sunglasses on. His hands were in his pocket as he was waiting for her... them. He was waiting for her and Monica. Well, technically only Monica but she told her that they would happily give her a ride home.

They walked up to Ross and she felt herself get flustered all of a sudden. Much to her disappointment Ross was acting like a whole new person. It was like her presence didn't bother him one bit.

"Took you long enough," Ross sighed as he opened the car door for them.

"Shut up," Monica rolled her eyes, "We're like basically the first ones out of school," she climbed into the car. Ross closed the door on her before Rachel could even get in which made her a bit worried. Does he know she's going with them? Or is she just going to stand here and look stupid?

"There's no space in the back, you'll be sitting in front with me," he said nonchalantly. Rachel just nodded without peeping a word. This never happened before. She always had something to say but right now she was lost of words. Ross opened the door for her like a gentleman and she felt heat creak up her cheeks. She was totally blushing.

"You need to take me to practice," Monica called from the back.

"Yeah, yeah I know," he rolled his eyes, "You don't mind if I take Monica first and then drop you off, do you?" he leaned in closer to her.

"Wha-, me uhm no, no not at all," she got all flustered. What on earth was happening to her? Ross wasn't a babe. He wasn't even a jock. It's not like his personality changed because his looks have changed. Rachel was being extremely silly and hormonal.