90. - The Spring of Mists.

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I simply don't feel really.... Safe resting with her... And besides, your neck is already comfortable enough."

Wezrall laughed lightly to my comment, before sighing.

[Wezrall] "Then I have no objections."

I smiled lightly to his reply, resting my head back down.
I gotta say, ever since Odale and Frindel joined us, it has been more lively. Before with just me and Wezrall, even though it wasn't the two of us for very long, it still managed to not feel as lively.

I mean-
Most of the time, we would only talk about some random things — Mainly related to Wezralls life and other things.

Actually-
Now that I mentioned it - I had learned something new about Wezrall from talking to him.
The {Curse of The Wendigo King} status that I saw on that cursed person in a dungeon, wasn't applied by Wezrall.

Well.... Not intentionally atleast.
Apparently it was something that would be applied at random, whenever somebody came in contact with Wezrall.
Upon touching even a small part of Wezralls body, a living being would have a 50/50 chance of being inflicted with the curse and not being inflicted with it.

So basically, it was like a 'defense mechanism' which would happen at random whenever someone touched him.

Now I know what you're asking—
If that's the case, shouldn't I be inflicted with the curse?

Well, I would be, IF it still functioned the same.
Yeah, it turns out that after becoming my Subordinate, this curse fell entirely under Wezralls full control, meaning that he could choose to inflict it or not.
Which definitely was useful, as it meant I could safely rest on him without being inflicted with it and if we ever encountered someone who deserved to be inflicted with it, we'd be able to use it agaisnt them.

Anyways-
That's enough history lessons.

Back to what was happening to us now.

       As we continued our way down the road, night time slowly began to fall over us. I, of course, didn't want to travel down the road at night, so we pulled the carriage off road into the small and spacious woods to the side of the road.
We'd then look around for a place to set up camp, before eventually stumbling upon a pretty big water source, which seemed to be... Steaming.

I hopped off Wezralls neck, shifting to my human form before approaching the water.

[Odale] "My Lord, be careful - the water seems to be hot."

"Yeah, I can see that Odale. Don't worry, I'm know what I'm doing."

I replied, kneeling down before plunging my left hand into the water - slightly freaking out Odale and Frindel.

I've successfully analysed the water and can confidently say, that this is a natural Hot Spring Master.

'Natural Hot Spring? You know what hot springs are Ancient One?'

Well, for the most part.
In this world, they're usually referred to as 'Mist Springs' or 'Mist Waters' where people come to relax and have some alone time.

However, seeing as they are something that appears to have been a thing in your world, but with a different name, I decided to call them what you called them in your previous world-
'Hot Springs'.

I see...
So basically these were Hot Springs in this world...

I'll be honest - I've actually never been in a hot springs before. I've always heard a lot of good things about them and how they can help you feel better, especially after a stressful day, but I never found the time to visit one myself.