Chapter Two

"You going to the white party?"

"You know it. Tryna catch me one of them fine ass men that be jigging around in there."

"Right! Mega gon be there, with his fine ass. Mm!"

"That boy know he fine too! Don't make no damn sense."

"Listen, I be hitting him up all the time and the nigga never bites. Like, what the fuck?"

"Bitch, he probably got a girlfriend. What you mean?"

"He don't. I asked."

"Well, maybe you not his type."

"I'm every niggas type. Period."

Listening to the bitches in the breakroom talk about Mega made Mila cringe. Especially, when she heard the part about him not having a girlfriend. It was true, but still. She felt like he could've at least said he was fucking with somebody.

"Mila." One of the girls called over to her. "You going to the white party tonight, girl?"

"What's up?" She removed her air-pod, pretending like she didn't hear a word of their conversation.

"You going to the white party tonight?"

"Yeah, I got a lil invite." She playfully blushed. "Y'all going?"

"Yup. Maybe we'll run into each other."

"Maybe."

Mila smiled on the inside knowing she was going with the man both of those bitches wanted, but couldn't have. And just like that, she forgot all about making Mega decide on what they were doing as far as a relationship. She wanted to text him about the breakroom hoes, but told herself to wait for him to reach out first and if he didn't say anything to her by the time it was time for her to clock out, she was going to the ball, with someone else.

"I'm here to pick up a tux."

"Name?" The girl at the register sassed like her customer couldn't afford to shop at her store.

"Mega."

While the cashier rumbled through the pick-up closet, Mega checked his phone. He was expecting to see messages from Mila, cursing him out, but there were none. From her at least. He did have a few from a girl he chit-chatted with in the past, wanting to know if he was showing up for the party that night and he almost replied. But he decided against it. If it was meant for them to run into each other at the party, then they would run into each other at the party. Other than that, he really didn't want to get caught up in that again. Literally.

"All white Brioni?"

"Yeah, that's me."

"Wow." She said again, as if he couldn't afford it. "Total comes to $6,678.97. Credit?"

"Cash." He gave her a demeaning look and slammed a wad of money down on the counter.

"Oh, I'm sorry sir, I...."

"It's cool." He cut her off. "Box that up for me so I can get out of here."

If they were anywhere else Mega would've told her where to go and how to get there, but he was in a part of town where he knew how the whites played. They would start some shit with you and then have you locked up for dishing it back to them. He didn't have time for that.

"Here you are sir, thanks for shopping with us. Come back any time."

Without a word, Mega grabbed the white box sporting a red bowtie and walked out of the store. He made a mental note to call and complain about her after the party, which probably wouldn't make a difference, It was just a deed that needed to be done.