Crisis on Mandalore

Start bij het begin

Merrik's protests fell on deaf ears as he was escorted from the throne room, his once-vaunted influence crumbling in the face of overwhelming evidence. With the threat of his treachery neutralized, you turned your attention back to Duchess Satine, a sense of satisfaction swelling within you.

"Duchess," you said, your voice softening slightly, "I assure you that Nathema remains steadfast in its commitment to Mandalore. Together, we will overcome any challenges that may arise, and emerge stronger than ever before."

"As for the investigation into these allegations," Duchess Satine continued, her gaze returning to you with a sense of resolve. "I hereby entrust Nathema with the task of uncovering the truth. Lord (S/N), I trust that you will conduct a thorough and impartial inquiry into these matters, and that justice will be served accordingly."

You bowed your head in deference, a mask of solemnity masking the satisfaction that simmered beneath the surface. "Of course, Duchess Satine," you replied, your voice betraying none of the triumph you felt. "Nathema will see to it that the truth is revealed, and that Mandalore's interests are protected at all costs."

In the aftermath of the scandal involving Senator Tal Merrik, you seized the opportunity to further manipulate the political landscape of Mandalore. With Merrik's reputation in tatters and the citizens questioning the integrity of their government, you meticulously crafted another incident to stoke the flames of discontent and push them toward a more militaristic course of action.

Barriss, proved instrumental in executing this plan. Under the guise of her Jedi duties, she discreetly planted false evidence pointing to a splinter group of the Death Watch, that was mainly involved in the criminal underworld of Mandalore. They seemingly fled from your attack, planning an attack on civilian targets within the capital city as an act of revenge. Fabricated communications intercepted by Barriss implicated members of this group as supporters of Duchess Satine, suggesting that she knowingly was turning a blind eye to their activities in the past to maintain her pacifist ideals.

The fabricated incident unfolded with a meticulously choreographed sequence of events.

You gather with Barriss and a select few of your most trusted associates in a secluded chamber within the depths of your palace on Nathema. The air is thick with anticipation as you discuss the details of the next phase of your plan to undermine Duchess Satine and push Mandalore towards chaos.

"Barriss," you begin, your voice low and measured, "the time has come to execute the next phase of our strategy. The bombing must appear as though it is the work of the splinter group of the Death Watch, and we must ensure that all evidence points back to Duchess Satine."

Barriss nods solemnly, her expression betraying none of the inner turmoil she must surely feel. She has proven herself time and time again to be a valuable asset, her loyalty to you unwavering despite the deception she must perpetrate within the Jedi Order.

"I understand, my Lord," Barriss replies, her voice steady. "I have already planted the necessary false evidence to incriminate the supposed splinter group. They will believe themselves to be acting in retaliation for our previous actions against them."

You nod in approval, a sense of satisfaction washing over you as you contemplate the chaos that is soon to unfold. "Excellent, Barriss. You have done well," you commend her, your voice laced with genuine admiration.

Turning to your other associates, you outline the specifics of the bombing, ensuring that every detail is meticulously planned and executed. The target must be chosen carefully, a high-profile location within the heart of the capital city, where the impact will be felt most acutely.