Jingling chains

"We've reached Nathema, my Lord." Admiral Rayse informed.

"Most of the fleet will stay here. I only need three ships. You will stay here with the rest of the fleet. I'm taking the Vice Admiral and Commander Havok with me." you respond.

"Yes, Lord (S/N)." the Admiral says and goes off.

While the preparations for your next leave are already in progress, you use the meantime to head to your quarters and grab your beskar blade.

"Haven't seen you in a while." a female voice states as you open the door.

"What are you doing here Bo?" you ask simply.

"Aren't you happy to see me?" the Mandalorian asks, jokingly mocking you.

"How couldn't I be happy when I'm looking at you?" you shoot back.

"Can't see much of that as long as you're wearing that mask."

With a slightly annoyed eyeroll you take it off to reveal your face. Bo comes a step closer and lets her hand slide over the scar on your neck. Your faces were close to each other's as she gently moved her hand further up. Suddenly you placed a kiss on her lips and remained for a second until Bo returns it.

Passionately your tongues intertwined with each other's, and the moment felt like it should last for ever until you catch yourself enjoying the moment too much. Gently you pull yourself out of the kiss and look Bo into here slightly sad eyes.

"What reason provides me with the pleasure of your visit?" you ask, bringing her back to reality.

"I bring news form our spies."

"But you could've also just but that into a message instead of coming here personally."

"I could've, but I needed a reason to see you." the Mandalorian answered with a flirty smile.

"What news do you bring?"

"The Republic succeeded in liberating Christophsis just shortly after your reckless visit and has now started secret negotiations with the King of Toydaria on some moon. The Separatists seem to build a new kind of weapon, but that is about every major thing going on." she said sounding slightly bored by the lack of work.

"The war is just starting. Don't worry, there will be a lot in the coming future."

"You're not thinking of partaking in the war, are you?" she asks worried.

"Not in the way you think, but yes."

"Is there another way to partake in a war then to fight?"

"Where there is light, there will always be shadows to be found as well. The light of the view of the public is now directed to the efforts of the war, leaving a great shadow to operate in. While the CIS and Republic are inevitably focussed on each other, we can do whatever we want. So, we are attacking both with small scale stealth actions, but are leaving hints so that they think the other one was the culprit. In the end we show up as innocent and neutral third party, that just wants to help. That way we gain influent and trust in both organisations while directly steer the war to our favour."

"But I thought your military strength is almost matching that of the other parties?"

"You're right but not both combined, so participating in the war, where the CIS and Republic could unite in order to get another one out of the war would only mean losing, so remaining in the shadows and weakening them is our best option."