Chapter 7: Interactions

Start from the beginning

Jonathan: I'm taking it easy for you, sweetheart. I don't want to pin you down again

Anne: I'm just kidding, though.

Jonathan: Good.

Anne had a small smile on her face and loved teasing him just so he could tease her back, Jonathan began caressing her back as Anne was looking at him before asking him a question.

Anne: So, who gave you an idea to start a business?

Jonathan: Nobody, I thought about it myself.

Anne: That's quite impressive.

Jonathan: *Chuckles* Once I graduate from college, I work in different jobs, which was mostly based on finance, I had a lot of love for finance.

Anne: Oooh, I see.

Jonathan: When I started my business, It wasn't noticed for a long time, but I continued working hard and invested more money until it became successful.

Anne: Wow, you did this without anyone's help?

Jonathan: Yes, I met Benjamin when my company was fully established, He was a really good employee and knew exactly how his job went. Eventually, I promoted him as an accountant manager.

Anne smiled and shook her head as Crawford continued speaking to her.

Jonathan: But Benjamin is just not a manager to me, He's also a really good friend to me.

Anne: *Smiles* How long have you known him?

Jonathan: We known each other for seven years now, I was there when his daughter was born.

Anne: You two share a really good bond.

He shook his head and smiled while fixing his hair as Anne was staring at him until Jonathan spoke to her.

Jonathan: Why haven't you married again after all these years?

Anne: Honestly, as a single mother, I was more focused on raising my daughter and wanted to work hard to pay for rent, clothes, education, and living in general. I never really focused on finding love.

He nodded and continued looking at her as Anne adjusted herself and continued speaking to him.

Anne: While growing up, Carriette always told me to look for someone, but even I wanted to, I just wanted that man to accept Carriette as his daughter. . . . Not leave her like what her father did.

Crawford stared at Anne and continued listening to her, Winters sighed to herself until she realised she spoke too much as Winters looked at him.

Anne: Sorry, I think I rambled too much.

Jonathan had a small smile on his face and pulled out a cigarette as he spoke to her

Jonathan: It's okay. It's good to know about you.

He lit up his cigarette as Anne smiled a little and looked at him as he began smoking, Winters was a bit disgusted by the smell but knew she has to get used to it as both of them were staring at each other.

Soon, Both of them were speaking to each other about different topics, Although Anne felt like she was mostly the one talking since Jonathan was silent through the conversation but was carefully listening to her, Maybe he was more of a listener than a talker.

It was quite fun for them to talk to each other about different things and know more about each other. Anne continued speaking to him as Jonathan had a small smile on his face until he remembered something as Jonathan spike to her.

Jonathan: Sweetheart, could you move a little? I forgot to show you something.

Anne was confused and got up, She was curious about what he wanted to show her, Jonathan opened one of the drawers as Anne took another chair and sat down until he pulled something out, which shocked her.

Jonathan: I bought this just for you.

He smiled as Anne covered her mouth and looked at the gift box, She could already tell it was expensive as Jonathan handed her the box as Winters was looking at it.

Anne: Oh my god. . . This is beautiful

Jonathan: *Smiles* Do you like it?

Anne: I do, It looks amazing. . . But you didn't have to buy this for me.

He just smiled at her as Winters was looking at the necklace and pulled it out as Crawford touched her shoulder and spoke to her.

Jonathan: Should I put it for you?

Anne: *Smiles* Sure.

Both of them stood up as Jonathan took the necklace and smiled at her, He slowly put the necklace on her as Anne was smiling to herself before he kissed her ear as Anne felt shivers running down her spine.

He turned her around and looked at the necklace as Jonathan spoke to her.

Jonathan: It looks beautiful on you.

Anne: Thank you so much.

She slowly kissed his cheek, which made him smile as he pulled her close and spoke to her.

Jonathan: I'm lucky to have a naughty and hot assistant like you~

Anne: *Chuckles* Can I say I'm also lucky to have a boss who gives me a good time, I mean, how do you know how to satisfy a woman?~

Jonathan: *Smirks* You know my ways very well, Anne.

He slowly began kissing her neck as Anne was grabbing on his shoulders as He continued kissing her neck, leaving a hickey.

He began biting her neck as Anne wrapped her arms around his neck before he moved away and smirked at her as Jonathan noticed the bite on her neck.

Jonathan: That bite means you belong to me~

Anne smirked and looked into his eyes as Jonathan had his hands on her waist until they heard a knock on the door as Anne immediately stood back, Jonathan signaled her not to panic as He sat on the chair while Anne grabbed a file and began reading it as someone opened the door who is revealed to be Benjamin and Margot.

Benjamin: Hey Jonathan, I finished monitoring the accounting schedule.

Jonathan: I see, You're making good progress.

Margot: And I scheduled your meeting for next week, If that's okay.

Jonathan: That's fine, Margot. Thank you, Benjamin and Margot.

Benjamin: No problem at all.

They looked at Anne as Winters smiled at them while fixing her hair, Making sure they don't see the love bite on her neck, Benjamin and Margot were discussing a few things before leaving as Anne looked at the time which was two p.m.

Jonathan was looking at her as Anne noticed him and gave a smile, Crawford couldn't help but smile at her as the rest of the day went well for them.

A/N: Thank you so much for reading and stay strong!!! :)