It's Over - Cal Kestis

Cal x Fem!reader

Warnings: none that I know of

Word count: 488

Summary: Cal seeing you having a nightmare.

Authors Note: Sidenote I'm so pissed that I have to get a new xbox system just to play the second part of the game that came out. Thinking of getting the playstation 5 instead.

It's late kid." Greez spoke up seeing the redheaded Jeid walk into the communal part of the Mantis.

"Just getting a drink." Cal smiled at the pestering.

On his way back towards his room he passed Y/n's room and he heard whimpering. Cal stopped in his tracks and listened. As he heard her continue to whimper in what sounded like pain, Cal decided to enter her room.

When he entered he saw Y/n in the midst of a nightmare. Cal walked over to her and sat on the bed, Cal placed a hand on her back. "Hey Y/n."

Cal shook her lightly but when she didn't wake up he tryed again. This time shaking her harder. "Hey, hey, hey wake up. Come on, wake up Y/n." He pleaded as her whimpering got louder.

Y/n jolted awake breathing heavily, once she was able to focus she focused in on Cal. "Cal?"

"Yeah, yeah. It's just me." Cal nodded trying to reassure her it's just him and she is safe with him.

"What are you doing up?" She furrowed her brow in confusion hoping she didn't wake him up. Not with nonsense. It's for her to deal with and get over.

"I was getting a drink, when I passed I heard you having a nightmare. Are you okay? Do you wanna talk about it?" Cal asked her, worried about her. Her dream had her so upset in it and when she first woke from it, he knew it had to be bad.

"It was more a memory than just a bad dream." Y/n tells him with a sigh and then she scoffs hating that it still affected her so much. Looking towards Cal with a grim expression. "Order 66."

"You know I still get nightmares about it to." Cal scoot's closer to her it was true that kind of experience scar's a person.

"You do?"

Cal nodded, reaching out for her hand and clasped them together. "Yeah. How can we not after what we saw and went through."

Y/n shook her head exhausted mentally and emotionally. "I hate reliving it. I just want to forget about it or at least not have to think about it."

"Me too. Maybe we can help distract each other." Cal gestures to lay down next to her.

"I'd like that." Y/n nodded moving over so there's room for him to have some space to stay the night.

After both of them got comfortable, Y/n spoke up. "Hey Cal."

"Hmmm." Cal hummed, looking to her for her to continue.

"Can you stay?" Y/n really hoped he'd stay for the night so she didn't have to be alone.

"Yeah, I can." Cal smiled leaning back. Cal decided to pull Y/n on top of him and as close as possible. "You can fall asleep Y/n. I'll be right here. It's over, Order 66 is over."