Forgotten Feelings, But New Chances - Obi Wan Kenobi

Obi Wan X Fem!Reader

Warnings: none

Words: 1,233

Summary: When Old Jedi friends with forgotten feelings for the other meet again years after Order 66, what will their outcome be?

Author's Note: Its a short summary but I think it sounds mysterious. First Obi-Wan Imagines so YAY!

Y/n couldn't believe her eye's at the sight in front of her. On Tattoonie of all places. It was obvious that he was hiding. That's the only reason people come to Tattoonie. But from the looks of it, he was hiding from someone outside the alleyway he was tucked in. But of course, after Order 66 who left alive wouldn't be in hiding? Y/n decided to approach him, worst that could happen, he doesn't remember her. Right?

"Master Kenobi your not very good at hiding." Y/n giggled as she watched her old friend jump. "I remember you use to be much better." She smiled looking off to the side with a smug smile.

Obi-Wan turned around at the sound of the voice behind him. It couldn't be. He hadn't seen her since Order 66. "y/n?"

"In the flesh." she shrugged with a teasing smile. But by the look on his face this wasn't a time for teasing or jokes.

"Where have you been? I thought you died." he turned to face her fully in the alleyway on Tattoonie. This is the last place Obi-Wan thought he'd ever see anyone from the past.

"Do you have somewhere not in the open to talk about this?" Y/n asked looking around to see it anyone was watching them. Or listening to their conversation.

Obi-Wan understood where her concern was coming from. So with that he grabbed her hand, and adjusted his hood. Leading her to the place he's been hiding out in. It was a nice little place. Almost reminded Y/n of where they found Anakin back when she was a padawan along with Obi-Wan.

"What happened, Y/n? I thought you were dead. Yoda thinks your dead, so does Bail Organa." Obi-Wan asked once they settled into his place of residence.

"Thought that was the point. Stay under the radar, pretend you're dead. So the Empire thinks your dead. That Order 66 was completed." Y/n shrugged her shoulders. Did she feel guilty? Yes, of course she does. But it's not like she really had a choice. Not unless she wanted to endanger him and herself. "Obi, I couldn't go and try to find you. I didn't know where you were hiding out and I definitely didn't want to risk your life by leading anyone to you either."

Even though he understood where she was coming from it still hurt. But Obi-Wan would rather have her stay safe than put herself in danger. It was sweet also that she was concerned about his safety. Moves to sit down before asking a less complicated question. "Where have you been all this time?"

Y/n sighed, moving to sit down as well. Folding her hands together. "I haven't stayed in one place for longer than a year."

"Why not?" Obi-Wan tilted his head in question.

"I'm afraid... I'm afraid that they will find me. So I keep on the move. I know its not in the Jedi way, but ... Ben. The Jedi are gone, the practice is gone and I hate to say it but-" She looked down feeling ashamed for hiding, and for her thoughts and opinions on the Jedi Order she was once a part of.

"What? You can tell me, Y/n." he moved closer towards her, hoping his closeness would comfort her and make her feel comfortable enough to tell him. They use to be close. So close they told each other everything.

"I like it. I like being free to feel things and be free to discover who I am besides just a Jedi. Don't get me wrong I loved being a Jedi, but it is nice to have some of the things that we couldn't in the order." Y/n smiled looking at her old friend with what Obi-Wan could describe as relief bliss, maybe even also joy.

"I get what you mean." he nodded in understanding.

"You do?" she looked at him in shocked

"Yeah." Obi-Wan gave her a small smile. "Speaking of non-Jedi Order things we can now do or have."

Y/n reached out for his hand and interlaced their fingers together. Looking Obi-Wan in the eyes with gentle eyes. "You can tell me Obi-Wan."

"Y/n would you like to stay here with me?" he asked hoping she would say 'yes'.

"I don't understand." she asked with her head tilted.

"Would you like to stay here with me. An maybe try to be more than friends." he cringed at how cheesy it sounded. "Maybe pursue what we discussed a few years back- before everything happened."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flashback

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"y/n, we need to talk about this." Obi-Wan stressed as he followed her through the Jedi temple.

"Yes. But not here." Y/n spun around to face him. She looked around to make sure they were far from any listening ears. "You know if the council heard us we'd be expelled from the Jedi Order."

Obi-Wan glanced around as well before speaking. "That's exactly why we need to talk about this-"

Y/n poked his chest, cutting him off. "I haven't been the one avoiding it Obi-Wan and you know that!."

He sighed nodding in admittances to her statements. "I will admit I have been reluctant to discuss the topic at hand."

"Yet, you say the feelings are mutual." She gave a tight-lipped smile before scoffing and shaking her head.

Obi-Wan glanced around before pulling her with him to a secluded area a few feet away from where they had stopped walking. Obi-Wan shook his head moving forward to cup her cheeks in between his hands. Looking her in the eyes with full-on adoration. "They are, my Love. I can promise you that."

"What is there left o talk about?" Y/n lifted her arms up in exclamation before they fell back at her sides. "With the code not allowing attachments, relationships. Nothing can happen even if we want it to."

As much as Obi-Wan wishes that he could do something about it, he can't. The Jedi Order has rules that must not be broken.

"Maybe if later on the council ever changes the code or - you know things could change." he tried to keep the hope up, even if they both knew it was more than likey a lost cause. "I'll always care deeply for you, my love. Maybe in a different life or at a different time, we could be more."

"I'll always care deeply for you as well my dear Obi-Wan. Our Time just isn't now." Y/n stated tilting her head to the side with a sad look before leaving off to do her Jedi Duties. Leaving Obi-Wan in the small darkish hallway to his thoughts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End Flashback

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n sighed running a hand through her hair shyly. "You remember that?"

"Of course I do. The things we talked about, the feelings. They were and on my part still are, mutual." Obi-Wan smiled at her embarrassment.

Y/n smirked, lifting her head. "Still are?"

"Yes, dear." Obi-Wan smiled. "Still are." he nodded.

"They're still there for me as well." she bit her lip

"Really?" Obi-Wan looked shocked

"Yes, really. I have had feelings for you Ben since we were padawan's." Y/n laughed lightly, using his nickname. It was as if no time had passed between them. An now with the Order gone they have a chance to be together.