4

Zhan was stunned to hear it.
"What mom?"

"Oh I mean are you back here to help our company? I mean did Wen Ning said anything to you?"

"Oh that", he finally let out a sigh of relief. "I'm ready to work, whenever you want me to. I'm actually here for that too "

"Zhan...., it's one difficult job. You may lose your peaceful life and sometimes have to worry more. Are you willing to risk it?", she didn't want to force her son.

"I'm fine mom.... I'm here to face the reality ", he said it thinking of his past life.

"Then, I'll introduce you to our partners tomorrow. And you can start working from tomorrow onwards. You know, we have one big construction project and if we lose, we will lose our company ", she was scared of the outcome, to be honest.

"Don't worry mom, I'm here and I'll take care of it ", he hugged her.

"Mama, come play with us", A'Yuan came running and sat on his lap.

"Mama?", his mom looked at Zhan wondering why.

"Oh....that....He was the one who took care of them, when I worked at hospital. So they called him mama. I tried to make them call him uncle, but none worked", said Yanli coming from outside and she was honestly nervous. But Zhan's mother believed this and smiled at them.

The next day, Zhan and his mother reached at the venue, where the bidding process takes place. As they got out of the car, Xue Yang walked over to the door side.

"Yang..., this is my son, Xiao Zhan. And Zhan this is our new team leader, Xue Yang."

They both shook their hands, and to be honest, Xue Yang looked Zhan from his head to toe, and was impressed. Well you can say, there was a spark.

Anyways the trio went inside and Zhan's mother stopped walking, making Zhan too stop and look at her, wondering what happened.

"Mr Xiao, that's our enemy competitor 'The Gusu' owner Lan Qiren and that's their new leader, Wang Yibo".

Zhan looked at both, but as he saw Yibo, his eyes widened and felt dizzy. The images of that night, them kissing and hugging and pleasuring each other and the morning where he saw him next to him naked, flashed through his mind.

When Lan Qiren noticed them, he said something to Yibo, making him turn to their direction. Zhan's mother and Xue Yang walked forward. Just before Yibo see Zhan, Zhan turned around and walked over to the nearest toilet.

"Oh Mrs Xiao Cangse Sanren, I heard that you were hospitalized and how are you now? I never thought that we'd meet again", it was clear that he was mocking them.

Zhan was trembling, he was feeling dizzy and was suffocating. He was trying to breath properly but he couldn't. He was having a panic attack. The only thing he could do was take out his phone and speed dial Wen Ning.

Zhan's mother and Xue Yang kept calling Zhan, but the phone was turned off.

"Hey Mrs Xiao Cangse Sanren, I'd love your presence at tonight's party. We were good friends right. Even though we won this, even though your company is about to go bankrupt, I'm willing to work with you in a project. Shall I sent my assistant with the project ".

Yes, they won the project and he was showing it off and was trying to ridicule, humiliate, whatever you can call it, so that to make his sadistic mind to feel happy.

"Congratulations Mr Lan. But no... We 'The Yunmeng', don't work with cheaters. You can send your proposal, when you learn to become honest. You should know there is a thing called karma ", she said this and left the place.