7. Suspicions.

"Neuvillette!" Wriothesley exclaimed quietly to himself at seeing the person in front of him.

"Wriothesley? What are you doing here?" He said, stepping into the elevator.

"I've just finished the interview I was telling you about here, what about you? I didn't think you worked here." He asked, stepping outside as more people filtered in.

"Ah... yes.. I'm just dropping off something for one of my friends, they forgot their lunch you see." Neuvillette smiled,

"How kind of you, well, I'll see you soon? Sigewinne was just talking this morning about how much she wanted to see you again actually."

"She was? I'll make sure to stop by sometime soon then, do you mind me asking who interviewed you?"

"A lady named Furina if memory serves, an office on the 4th floor." Wriothesley answered.

"I'm afraid I don't know her that well, but I'll talk to my acquaintance and maybe I can figure out what impression you made." Neuvillette offered in a joking manner.

"No need, time will tell. Well, I'll see you around!" Wriothesley said, turning as he left, Neuvillette waving as the elevator doors closed.

There was a ding as each floor was passed, stopping on the 4th.

Neuvillette paid no attention to any stares he got, immediately barging into Furina's office.

"Woah-! Watch it would you?" She started.

"I explicitly asked you to leave that particular interview to someone else." He said sternly, Furina immediately shut up.

"No one else was available" she brushed it off.

"5 people were. I just checked the rotors."

She froze up.

"Spit it out. Now." He said, sitting down.

"Fine, fine! I was simply curious on why you had gone out of your way to make sure I didn't take this interview." Furina admitted.

Neuvillette sighed, "So? How'd he do."

"...You're gonna leave it at that?" She asked with some hope in her eyes.

"No. We will discuss that later. I want to know what you thought of him." He replied, leaning back in the armchair he was sat in.

"He actually did quite well, seemed capable, confident, and had good goals. Although it's a slightly odd position he's asking for." She said, reviewing her notes.

"Trustworthy?" Neuvillette inquired.

"...I suppose so? Neuvillette I met him once, how was I meant to get a judgement off of the first meeting. Why are you so interested-"

She seemed to have a moment of realization.

Looking at Neuvillette with what seemed like disappointment and disbelief.

"No."

"Yes."

"Neuvillette I'm not going to-"

"Hire him."

"What? Are you mad? More people need to review his resume, the recorded interview."

"And as the CEO of this company I say hire him." He said sternly.

"He's the guy that took you home, wasn't he?"

This time, it was Neuvillette's time to freeze up.

"Gods give me strength." Furina inwardly prayed.