Chapter 2 -- The Decision

Bella stood there, shocked of what she had seen. What is going to happen?, Bella thought. Who are these people? And how, or why, are they dressed like animals? They even have animal-like pupils, that isn't humanly possible! And why are they talking to me? She then saw that the cat-human was whispering something in the raven-human's ear. »Well if that's what you decided to do«, he just said.

Bella asked, stuttering: »W- Who a- Who are you??« »I am Gabriel Highwater, a professor at a local school«, he said. The dog-boy continued: »I am Alexander but you can call me Alex if you want. Not much to say except that I'm Head Student!« The Cat-Girl gave Alex a side-eye which said "Oh, Shut Up". Bella held her giggle and looked towards the cat-girl. She noticed and stuttered: »Oh- Uhm- I- I prefer to not say yet.« Bella just nodded.

»We have been watching you during the summer. We say that you could be a very...« Mr. Highwater stopped to find the right word. »Interesting student«, he continued. »Why an interesting student?«, Bella asked and got even more confused when he remained silent. »Anyway, I am already in a middle school with the best best friend ever!«, she told them while noticing that cat-girl was smiling at that statement. What the H?

»Hm«, he said, thinking. »We will let you have as much time as you need so you can think about coming to us, we assure you an interesting time at our school. When you're ready to tell us your answer, we'll be here.« That Cat-girl looks very familiar to me. But why? Bella agreed, and the three animal-humans got back into the forest where they came from. 

She then was alone there, the birds chirping, the sun setting. She took her phone out for a moment to see what time it was and got shocked when she saw, it was 8 PM! Furthermore, she put her phone back into her pocket and rushed back home. When she finally reached home, she rushed into her room. Her parents were confused, but didn't want to ask her what happened. Bella opened her diary and wrote about what happened during the day. When she was done. She got into her PJ's and fell asleep.

In the morning Bella was already up, and her alarm didn't go off yet. She couldn't get the scenario with Mr. Highwater off her mind, that is why she could not sleep well. Should I go to their school?, Bella asked herself, silently. If I do, then I probably won't be able to be friends with Emma anymore. But if I don't then I won't find out how, or more why, they were dressed like animals and if magic exists.. My Goodness, why is it so hard to decide? I'll ask Emma for advice on the bus for the trial day.

She got dressed, combed her hair and brushed her teeth. Then got out of her room and went to the door of her parents and opened it a little, to see if they were still asleep, and indeed they were. She closed it again and rushed to her room. Closing her door, she said: »Good, at least they won't bump into my room and ask questions why I am up so early and why I am talking to myself.«

»"Hey, uhm Emma? What would you answer if you'd meet someone in a forest and they would ask you to join their school, even though you are in normal middle school?"«, she murmured, trying to find the right words to ask Emma in front of her. After a few more attempts she said: »Nah, too direct. How about: Hi Emma, What's up? Can you tell me how you would answer if someone asked you to join their "magic" school? Yea. That works.« Bella then went to her diary to write what she just did. She started to read a bit, then after 15 min her alarm went off and she stopped and got in front of her parent's room and then she saw her mother come out of the room and she was shocked that Bella was in her clothes and prepared for trial day. »What? Why are you up so early?« she asked. »You'll find out soon enough«, Bella simply answered I hope, she added in her mind.

Then she went to the bus station, waiting for the bus. When the bus arrived, she was heading towards a free pair of seats and waited for Emma to come. Bella's friend came a little later into the bus and came to Bella and sat down. This is my chance, she thought. This is my chance to ask her. »Hi, Emma. What's up?«, Bella said towards Emma. »Nothing much. And you?« she responded. »Same. Uhh... Can you tell me, how would you answer if someone asked you to join their "magic" school?«, Bella responded. Emma seemed shocked at once and said, stuttering: »I, uhh... I would have joined because I'd never know if magic is real and it could be interesting.« »Ah, ok. I'll keep that in mind. It was theoretically, though.« The ride on the bus went on and in approximately 15 minutes they've reached the school. »Alright Students, we've reached school, please step out of the school-bus! Have a nice trial day!«, the driver said over com. Everyone stepped out and they were in front of their new school.

------------------------------------------------------

906 Words