•7•

Megan impatiently waited in a chair at the ER for the doctor to give her an update on her father's condition.

When Megan walked inside her room earlier that day she saw that Christian had decorated her room nicely.

She believes it was his way of apologizing for the awful beating he had given her this morning, which still has her sore. She let out a scream of excitement when she saw her father on her bed, it looked like he was sleeping.

Megan had not seen her father in a while since he lived in a different state. Megan quickly ran over to her father to wake him up. But when he did not wake up, Megan began to worry. She called 911 and an ambulance arrived.

While Mr. Pete was being moved into the ambulance, one of the paramedics noticed the nasal cannula was not connected to his oxygen tank all the way. They did not suspect any foul play, it seemed more accidental. This usually happens when the tank is moved around a lot.

"Ms. Pete?" The doctor called out, walking over to Megan.

"Yes, ma'am!" Megan said professionally. Sitting up straight, giving the doctor her full attention.

"Your father is going to be okay." The doctor said with a small smile, causing Megan to let out a sigh of relief. "After the disconnect occurred his oxygen level slowed down, and his body went into shock. He is stable right now and needs some rest." The doctor added.

Megan nodded her head, not knowing what to say or think. What would have happened to her father if she had entered her room an hour later, maybe a minute, or even a second? Could she of lost her dad? Thinking about all of these harsh possibilities caused Megan to weep.

The doctor placed his right hand on Megan's left shoulder, "Everything is going to be just fine. Go home and get some rest. You can come visit your father in the morning."

"Okay, thank you," Megan said quietly wiping her tears.

"Friend!" B yelled out, dashing to Megan's side. "Is everything alright?" B asked kneeling by Megan's side, rubbing her right knee."

"Yes." Megan nodded.

"Let's go home," B said standing up and extending her hand towards Megan.

Megan stood up from her seat and held on the B's hand.

The two walked out of the hospital together holding hands. Megan sat in the backseat and B sat in the front seat of Kiari's car.

"Everything alright?" He questioned.

"Yeah, can you take us home please?" B replied.

"Us?" I thought you were coming home with me." Kiari said scrunching up his face.

"I changed my mind. Now drive." B said through gritted teeth.

Kiari huffed and started up the car.

Moments later Kiari pulled up to their apartment complex and placed the car in park. Megan exited the car.

B rolled down her widow, "I will be up in a minute." She told Megan, before rolling her window back up.

"What is wrong with you?" B asked.