25. Flowing tears, Rishi Durvasa is here.

Start from the beginning

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

As they sat for dinner that night, Karunika was reminded of the fact that her children would leave her the next day.

Her mood was sallow and her children couldn't understand why.
So when they asked her to feed them by hand, she started crying, in front of them all, unable to control her tears. The children, worried about what they did wrong demanded answers from both their parents. When neither could answer, they went to their mamashree.

" Putr. Putri. You have done nothing wrong. You know you will be going to your buashree tomorrow, right? " He asked them, sitting them both on his lap.

"Mhmhm." They agreed.

" That's why your mother is sad. She doesn't want to let you go. " He told them gently.

"Mamashree, if sending us away is hurting her, then why does she need to do it? Pitaji has said that many people hurt mata. That is why we live in the forest while the other mamashree pray to devtas. So if us going makes her sad, why does she still do it? "  Karunikey asked.

" Ji mamashree. If mata is sad, she should let us stay. " Aahana asked.

" Putri. There are many times in life when we have to do what we don't want for the good of others. Your mata needs to send you back, so that you can learn how to be warriors and a strong man and woman. Any mother will let her child stay away from her, if it benefits them, no matter how sad  it makes her. Did you know, your matamahi Kunti was also sad when me and my brothers went to aashram to study. But she was proud of us when we came back. The same way, when we come back to meet you after eight years, you need to make your mata proud. Can you do this for her? " He asked them gently.

" Avashy. Anything which makes our mata happy is our dharm. " Moksh said.

The children then ran inside, seeing their mata wiping her tears, with food in her hands.

"Mata, today we will eat by your hand. This way, we will get all the aashirvad you want to give us and when you meet us after eight years, you will be proud to meet us. " Moksh said, while his sister nodded.

" I'm always proud of you my children. " She said, feeding the two of them.

At night the two slept next to their mata and pitaji, each hugging one parent, with their mata singing lullabies to them, her heart breaking at the thought of being separated from her children.

When they fell asleep, she looked up to see her Arya, silent tears streaming down his face. Gently wiling them away, they offered each other comfort. They would be strong for their children.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

The next morning, Meenakshi arrived in her rath, but her clothes shocked them the most.

She stepped down the rath, herself dressed as a sanyasini.

" Meenakshi? What have you done ? Why are you wearing such clothes? " Her brother asked as she bent to take his blessings.

" This is why. I knew you would call me Meenakshi, not Maharani Meenakshi. A sister, a bua has come to take her brother's children, not a queen to take her throne's heir. " She said, bending to touch Karunika's then Yudhishthir's feet.

" How's my nephew Meenakshi. " Adam asked.

" Bhrata, he's well. Nirmay, is about six years old now. The children will enjoy very much together. I promise to raise them as my own. " She said.

" We know you will. It's why we trust you with them. " Adam said.

" Arya. I have a request. Both my children will learn everything from Keshav, if he is willing. " Karunika said.

" You are right. We wouldn't find a better person to teach them about life than Keshav. I am sure he will agree. "

" Why won't I. I already have the honor to teach the son of my mitr Parth. Why won't I teach yours as well. After all. Who will teach them to trouble their mata more and who better to do it than me. "  Came a voice, as the Dwarikadheesh reached the family.

"Pranipat Jyeshtha. " He said, reverently.

" Acha. I want them to learn about the world, shastr and astr vidya from you, while you, want to teach them how to trouble
me? " He said.

" What else is the work of a mamashree Jyeshtha? I will make sure your children trouble you, so much that you run to my mitr for help. Then you can spend time with him. " Keshav said, laughing at her red face. So many years of marriage and children, yet her face would still turn the same shade of red.

She bent down to her children, holding their hands and said, " Putr. Putri. The basis of dharm is karuna. Whatever decision you make should be based on it. Should be based after completely contemplating and understanding tye situation. If you have to take any decision under pressure, remember your father, he will guide you. " She said, while Adam sat down to hug his children and his wife. The four were together. In heart always and forever.

That day when her children left, she shed tears, both of them did. But the hope of seeing her children again was greater than the pain anyone could give her.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

𝕊𝕚𝕩 𝕪𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕤 𝕝𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣......

Today, all her brothers were set to return ater performing their various penance. They would return with more knowledge, more strength and more belief. The world had insulted a woman in the sabha that day. To ensure that it doesn't happen again, she would fight an entire war herself if she had to.

" Bheem! You're back! " She said, when she saw her brother coming up to the hut.

"Pranipat Jyeshtha. " He said, bending down to her feet.

"Kalyan ho Bheem. Aao, we'll have food. " She said, while he paid his respects to her husband and Yudhishthir as well.

" Jyeshtha! If you give bhrata Bheem food before us, what will we eat? " Asked a voice.

" Haan. Then even we will only be eating one grain of rice per person. " Another said, while laughing.

Two hands, on her eyes.

" You do realise, this is my children's age to do this now? You both have children of your own. When will you grow up? " She said to the twins, turning around to face her brothers.

" Jyeshtha. You were our mother before them. You've looked after us just like mata did. We have first right on your motherhood. " Nakul told her, at first bending to take her blessings, then hugging her, happiness surrounding each atom of her body.

Yudhishthir joined in as well, while Bheem as usual would jump upon them, nearly pushing them down. Life was back to a sense of normal.

" They are right Jyehshta. We do have first right on your motherhood. " Bheem said, laughing.

As they sat inside the hut, Karunika realised their wasn't enough water for all of them.

" You all eat, I'll get water from the river. " She said.

" I'll come along. " Adam started, but was stopped by her hand on his shoulder.

" I'll bring. Don't worry. " She said, walking away.

It hadnt even been five minutes since she had gone, when just as they began to eat, a stern voice called out

" Is there anyone in this hut who could serve these brhamin dev with food? Or should this Durvasa leave here
unsatisfied.... "

" Karunika could not have chosen a better time to leave. " Adam muttered under his breath.

________________________________

Rishi Durvasa is here everyone!
I'm so glad we're finally reaching the agyatvas. The surprise I have is just itching, but it needs another chapter before I reveal it.

Thank you all of 300 votes. These mean a lot to me.

Please comment your opinions on this chapter, so I can improve with further chapters. Thank you so much for your support.

Much love

Radhekrishn