|4|

Coming out of my memory, I remember that I'm lying on the wooden floor.

I also remember that I no longer have my cigarettes. Groaning, I turn over onto my belly and use my hands to push myself up off the ground. The room starts spinning and then I get this nausous feeling. I run over to the bucket that Asher left in here and threw up. Or at least, I tried to.

All I was doing was dry heaving. There was nothing left for me to throw up.

Crying silently, I pulled out the only picture I have of my family. We had gone to the Grand Canyon that year. Mom and Dad were standing on the left side, with their arms around each other, smiling. I got my honey-colored hair and smile from my Mom, and I got my chocolate brown eyes and tall body from my Dad. In the center, with his arm around Dad and me was my older brother, Marc. He got everything from dad, except for his eyes. He got Mom's bright blue eyes.

Oh, I miss them so much.

Then, at the end, next to Marc, was me. My hair was up in a ponytail that day, I had worn all black because I refused to listen to Mom about it going to be almost 90 degrees. I suppose I was going through a "goth phase." While everyone else was smiling, I had this frown on my face. I can't exactly remember what I was so upset about, although I imagine it was from realizing that Mom was right. She always was.

And now I'll never be able to see her again.

I'll never be able to see Dad or Marc. Ever agin.

All because I allowed some guy to talk me into leaving.

All because I allowed Asher to let his sweet nothings and empty promises get to me.

And look where that got me.

*
*
*
*

Welp! There is the 4th part to my novella [short story]! I hope you all enjoy this story as much as I enjoy this story (and I'm the writer).

Anywho, please don't forget to vote, comment, and share!!! Thank you. I love you all!
-Daja❤