|1|

*
*
*
*

"I love you."

"I love you too, Alex."

Smiling, Alex and I embraced and stood there for what seemed like an eternity. Alex and I had known each other since the 8th grade and I guess our love was a cliché love.

We were high school sweethearts. We even went to college together. We were supposed to have a happily ever after.

But I messed everything up.

Alex and I got in to a big fight one day about something that was so ridiculous, since I can't even remember what it was, so I stormed off and went to the nearest bar. I wasn't a drinker, but I felt like drinking was the only thing that was going to make me feel better.

I sat down on one of the stools, asked for a bottle of beer, and drank.

And drank.

And drank.

I was well past tipsy and was blindly stumbling down the street towards my house, when a man walked right into me.

"Hey! Watch where you're going, buddy!" I slightly slurred. I turned around and the guy just smirked at me.

"Sorry about that. I was on my phone," he flashed his phone in front of me, "I wasn't really paying attention."

I looked him over. Figured I didn't care because I felt like crap. With that, I gave him a mock salute and turned on my heel, continuing on my way.

"Wait." I looked over at stranger dude and lifted an eyebrow as if to ask him, "What now?"

"Maybe I can make it up to you?" As he asked that question, he had this wolfish smile on his face, that sent shivers down my spine.

Something inside of me told me to say no and just go home, but then I remembered who would be there. And I didn't want to face Alex right now. I let out a sigh and shrugged.

"Why not. But I want pancakes. They help with the alcohol."

"No problem. May I ask what your name is, since I did kind of shove you earlier?"

"Jeanine. Not "Jean." Just Jeanine."
I crossed my arms, and eyed this mysterious stranger skeptically.

"Well now that I've told you my name, I think it's only fair that you tell me yours. You know, since you shoved me and are going to get me pancakes and all." The corners of his lip twitched upwards, then he took my exact same stance.

"Asher. Not "Ash." Just Asher."

And with that, Asher and I went to Denny's and grubbed. With Asher, I felt like I hadn't laughed so hard in my life. I felt like I could be myself with him.

However, with Asher, what I didn't feel was that the longest I was in his presence, the more my life was spinning down into a never-ending black hole.

*
*
*
*

Hey guys! How ya' doing?

(response here)

Oh that's good. I'm having a wonderful day as well! (more like 2:46 AM)

Anyway, that was Part 1 of "Ashtrays." I really hope you enjoyed it! I'm really liking how this is going so far.

Quick Question: Based in what you read, what do you believe will happen with Asher and Jeanine?

Please don't forget to comment, vote, maybe share it with your friends/family/strangers (just kidding, don't talk to strangers kids... Unless you know Martial Arts/Karate)

I love you all! Muah.
-Daja❤