Chapter 15

Future Lincoln destroyed another base on a tropical forest planet after finding his target, Brock. Future Lincoln slaughtered all the henchmen and destroyed their spaceships and their giant robots. He held Brock by his throat over a pit full of vicious man-eating lizards that were more aggressive than alligators.

"You're a real sadistic bastard, you know that?" Brock asked weakly, with his blood stinging his eyes.

"Yeah, I'm having a ball – the time of my life. Now, where are these time machines coming from?" Future Lincoln asked.

"A network of independent companies. They're being invested by the same person who put a price on your head," Brock answered.

"And who is that?"

Brock chuckled, "You know who it is. She said so herself. You can't hide from her, no matter what part of space and time you're in. Maybe the White Death is coming to an end, huh?"

Future Lincoln glared at him before dropping him into the pit. The lizards growled and roared as they mauled Brock. He didn't have much time to scream as they tore him apart.

Future Lincoln breathed a heavy sigh, "So, now there's a whole network of companies making time machines. Which means more bounty hunters coming after me. Shit, I can't remember the last time I was this popular."

He stood there looking at the jungle, thinking and brainstorming. He can't just destroy them all. That'll take too much time. Follow the money. Which means finding . . . her. Or does he have to?

"I don't really have to find her. I just need to find her money. Her banks. Yeah . . . yeah, let's cut off her piggy bank. Sorry, little me, you're on your own for a while," Future Lincoln summoned a light orb, "Nothing so. Let's hope nothing happens while I'm away," Future Lincoln said before summoning a portal.

Meanwhile in Present Time

Lincoln and Lori stood frozen, staring at the man with glowing dots on his chest, the same as Lincoln.

"Who are you?" Lincoln asked.

The man chuckled, "You don't remember me? Well, of course you don't. You don't know old Edge. This you we haven't met . . . but in the future you and I know each other very well."

Lincoln squinted his eyes as he and Lori stared at him.

"You have no idea how hard it was to find you through time, and I'm sure you're wondering how you didn't see me coming with your future visions," Edge said and then raised his arm to show a strange bracelet with a blinking blue light, "And its thanks to this little beauty. However, it was very difficult to make."

Lincoln closed his eyes to try and see into the future, but he couldn't. It was totally blank. He opened his eyes wide and looked back at Edge, grinning. Lincoln had a million questions racing in his mind, but he knew this guy wouldn't answer all of them. So, he did his best to remain calm.

"What do you want?" Lincoln asked, trying to steady his nerves.

There was a long pause before Edge answered, "I want what all men want. I want everything . . . and more."

Lincoln looked at him, confused, "What does that have to do with me?"

"Your powers. Teleportation and seeing into the future. I want them, and you're going to give them to me," Edge said.

Lori stood in front of Lincoln while aiming her revolver at Edge's head, "Not a chance!"

"I'll make you a deal, Lincoln. Give me your powers, then you and your pretty sister can walk out of here alive . . . or I'll kill you and take from your corpse," Edge said.