Chapter 2

When Stella and Ronnie got back to Royal Woods, they couldn't hold back their tears as they jumped into Lincoln's bed and squeezed him a hug. Lincoln was so happy to see them that he also shed a few tears.

"Do you have any idea how worried we were for you?!" Stella asked as she held his face.

"When I was waiting for you at the bus station, I was so anxious I thought I was going to die! I thought your family had put you in a human body case!" Ronnie Anne stated.

"I know, and I'm sorry. I really am," Lincoln said with a sad face.

Stella kissed her boyfriend on the lips several times. Ronnie Anne kissed him on the head and turned to Stella, "Don't worry, I'm not stealing your man. He's my best friend, and I'm really happy he's okay."

Then, both girls slumped down in their chairs.

"So, they know, right? Your sisters?" Stella asked.

Lincoln nodded, "Just them, not my parents."

"What happens now? Do the bad luck and Sister Fight Protocol still happen or what?" Ronnie Anne questioned.

Lincoln summoned the light orb, showing the image of his sisters protecting Lincoln from their parents. The girls looked at it with an inquisitive expression.

"I don't know what it means. All I have is just this image. Every time I try to unlock it, my head hurts so much that I have to quit. Lisa figured out why my head hurts so much. She's working on a machine to help level out my brain waves so my brain doesn't work so hard to push the energy to use my powers," Lincoln explained.

"So, they're helping you? For now, they're not the bad guys, just your parents?" Stella asked.

Lincoln shrugged, "We don't know anything for sure until I unlock that future, but yes. My sisters are helping me."

"Are you sure your sisters are okay? Because those two future visions you showed us, I've been seeing them in the back of my eyelids," Ronnie Anne pointed to her eyes.

"I'm telling you guys, they've changed. The visions changed. After I showed them my powers that night, they really turned around. What I showed them really shook them," Lincoln said.

Stella held Lincoln by his shoulders and looked desperately into his eyes.

"Yeah, but do you really trust them? Do you really believe that now they will never hurt you? Do you actually feel safe around these people, Lincoln? Do you really trust that no matter what happens, no matter how angry they get, they won't send you to the hospital or straight to the morgue? That they won't throw you out in the cold like a dog for superstitious reasons like luck?" Stella questioned.

Lincoln looked at her and couldn't find the words to respond to that because the truth was he still wasn't sure. There was no telling whether the sisters would keep their promise.

"Are you really willing to bet your life with your sisters? That they won't ruin your life? You said it yourself. You have to be a bad person in order to be capable of doing really terrible things, and your family, your sisters, are capable of doing these bad things. I get that they're your sisters, and they want to help you and change for the better, but what you showed us that day . . . what they would do to you, I truly believe that there is a monster buried deep within each of them. That's why I believe you should get adopted by either Clyde's or Ronnie Anne's family," Stella explained.