prologue

Where have you been?
Do you know when you're comin' back?
Since you've been gone
I've got along, but I've been sad

Reflections - The Neighbourhood

A little girl, around the age of 5, runs into her room, closing the door as tears run down her cheeks. It was the 3rd time that they'd have to move away now, and she'd have to say goodbye to her friends. That would mean that she couldn't even go to the end-of-year party.

They were perfect here, why did her dad have to mess up again?

6 years go by, the same girl runs into her room. She's older, but tears still slip down. It was the 6th time that they'd have to run away. She should be used to this cycle now, but it hurts to go. She had even gotten time to choose her dress for the end-of-year party this time.

She was starting to get attached, this place seemed like her home.

The girl, now a 17 year old teen, walks into her new room. Her parents promise that this will be their forever home, their calling. She seriously doubts it, knowing that they also said the same the last 11 times they've moved around France. She knows to not get attached to the people here, to the buildings and to her routine.

They'll move away in the end, anyways...

- AAAND THAT'S THE PROLOGUE!!- Do you guys like it?? It's not written in the way that I'd usually write, so don't expect this for the actual chapters ahah

- Do you guys like it?? It's not written in the way that I'd usually write, so don't expect this for the actual chapters ahah. Tell me if you guys like Madeline too! I'm kinda proud of her but also kinda scared that she'll turn into a Mary Sue or a copy of Annick...

- Put some suggestions of scenes you'd love to see!! <333