13 - am i the wolf or the savior?

Start from the beginning

I looked at Levi for a moment to find that he was already staring at me but when our eyes met, he quickly looked away. I sighed in despair. 'What did I get myself in?!" I thought miserably.

"I know you guys are here for one reason. Me! Oh." Asmodeus looked at the sad way me and my rival stared at the wall. "And I guess the actual quiz." The demon with champagne-coloured hair added. "Well, let's not take too long and go straight to the questions! Y/N, dear, you will be going first. Good luck, darling!" He winked at me before the duel officially started.

The next thirty minutes went on rather quickly. Each of us took turns to answer the questions Asmo had for us and while I could see that mine were considerably easier than Levi's - I has no complaints. In fact, the purple-haired demon did not even look slightly affected by the weirdly specific questions he was getting.

He knew it all.

"Oh, man! This is getting super boring! Y/N! Time for you to do your secret move!" Mammon yelled at me from somewhere in the crowd. I facepalmed.

"No."

"What do you mean 'No.'?! It's now or never!" He excitedly yelled.

"Secret move? Now what kind of normie tricks did you think of? Taking advice from Mammon isn't the smartest move you can make, lol." Levi gave out the opinion no one asked for. I side-eyed him.

"Oh? A secret move? Now, things are seriously getting interesting!" Asmo helped stir the fire that was already threatening to burn me alive. I frowned while thinking about the warnings I got about Levi having the possibility to lose control over his sin and possibly hurt me.

"Oh, well. It is really now or never." I finally said while shrugging my shoulders. With that ai proceeded to tell the whole plot of the ninth book. Everyone in the room had quietened down while listening to me. When I finally finished telling the long story I glanced at Levi to see his reaction.

He looked surprised to say the last. His jaw dropped immediately after hearing me finish talking. His head shook in pure disbelief. "I can't believe this! How could they-they were such close friends! The closest! I can't believe that something so...unbelievable...would get between them." The demon said before finally coming to his own conclusion. "You must be lying to me!"

I blinked once and before me stood someone else. Well not someone else literally. It was still Levi. But now-a beautiful set of horns stood on his head. And a massive tail slipped behind him. He truly looked like a demon now.

And he was pissed off.

"Why would you lie to me like that?! I thought we were friends after all but it seemed I was wrong. This is so NOT FAIR!" He quickly stomped towards me while I as if frozen, could not move an inch.

Finally I managed to say one thing. Probably something I should have kept to myself.

"What do you mean 'friends'?! Are friends supposed to battle to death like this?! Don't you see how ridiculous- you know what? This is not the time for this. I do not write the book so if you feel pissed off direct this to the author!" With my last sentence out, from the corner of my eye, I saw Simeon make an embarrassed smile. 'How odd.'

Before Leviathan could get to me a smoke of air appeared. When I opened my eyes in front of me stood...a bird?! A giant bird with six black like the night wings?! I turned my head a bit to see if I was seeing right. The bird was Lucifer. And well, Lucifer was no bird. His wings stood around him in a majestic and elegant way. Like a peacock. I knew Lucifer was beautiful. However our not-very-polite conversation very rarely let me actually see him in such a light.