Don't Find me Disgusting

Start from the beginning

Tami gasps.

“Sister! Brother committing suicide again!” She shouted.

Kora was so angry. She phases from left to right fast.

Ereo and Tami are sitting quietly.

“I can’t believe it. I can’t !” Kora glares at them.

“Why do you both think you two can just make noises at night? Why do you keep making dead jokes? Is it fun to see our family like this?”

“I’m so–”

“No! Apology won’t be enough anymore.” Kora said sternly.

“Go and eat. Tomorrow will be a long night. Tami, you go to your room and sleep.”

Tami pouts and reluctantly went back to her room.

Ereo will go and eat but sit down again after Kora stares at him.

“Brother, can you stop thinking about that woman already? I know you believed in her until now but even if you see her again, what? She is not what she appeared to be. I don’t want to tell you this but she is not the patient and kind woman you truly believe she was! She makes me wash her clothes. And when Tami had candy, she would ask her to hand her sweet to her. If she finds us on the road she will find things for us to do. And one time I heard her saying mean things about you with her friends.”

Ereo didn’t know how to respond.

Kora is not a dishonest child. If she said she really heard this, it means it is true.

‘You actually dodge a bullet?’ Ereo was relieved. For one, someone who steals a little girl’s candy is no longer human.

“Kora I am not thinking about her anymore.”

Kora stares at him with doubt.

“Truth be told, I already fell in love with someone else.”

Kora’s face lights up 

“Truly? Then that is good. We just have to save money and be able to afford her bride price. But we also need to see if her character is suitable. And if she wanted to marry brother.”

Kora welcomes this with an open heart. Anyone but her. She is happy her brother has already moved on.

“Him.” Ereo blushes.

“It’s him.”

“......” Kora shakes her head but then doesn't want to hurt her brother.

But she heard a lot of bad things about those ‘immoral men’ who do ‘immoral things.’

Yet one of these immorals was her brother?

She grows up hearing all bad and evil things. People curse those immorals and don't even speak their names in fear they’ll be tainted like them. But when it was someone among her people, what should she feel?

“Are you disappointed with me? Why are you crying?”

Ereo tries to wipe her face but she moves away.

“You….Since when? Is that the real reason why that woman left?” Kora was stunned.

“You…You wanted to use her so you can do your immoral acts!”

“What? No. I was straight before but I just fell in love with a man now.”

“It was just your mind tricking you to do evil things. You can be cured if you pray in the ancestral house!” Kora shouted.

“I know it was hard to accept. But don’t treat me like I am disgusting. What makes me different from other people? I am just like a man.”

“How can you have children then?” Kora insisted.

“I don’t have to. Why do I have to have kids? You and Tami too. If you have children then good. If not then so what? Live your life for your own.”

“How can you say that? How can we continue the family line?”

“Family line bullsh*t. We have other Clansmen. Are they that glorious with a lot of descendants?”

“Who will worship our parents if we don’t have descendants?” Kora said seriously.

“Then that’s that. We can still do it until we are alive. If I really want to, Just adopt. Many people get pregnant and when they realize they can’t afford the cost of living they sell their children or let them die somewhere. Are they morally better than me?”

Kora sat down.

“This is so much to take in.”

She held her forehead.

Ereo pats her shoulders.

“Don’t believe what other people say about gay men. Believe in what you see and hear about me and decide for yourself if I’m immoral or not.”

Kora sighs.

“Go and eat.”

“Yes Ma’am.”

“Brother..”

“Hmm?”

“Nothing.” Kora shakes her head.

“What was that? Haha. Alright, I’ll eat now. Go and rest.”

“Yes. Have a good rest too.”

Kora lay down on her bed looking at the ceiling.

“It is still better than to think about that woman but…but…” she was so tired she fell asleep with a frown.

“Alright.” It’s just 9 pm and everyone was already asleep. “ 8am is reset time. I still have 11 hours. I’ll see if I can reach rank 1000 tonight.” Ereo smiles.

He thinks he gives Kora so much stress. The child was born in a homophobic and misogynistic era. If he just keeps breaking her common sense, she might really go crazy.

“I’ll apologize with sweets tomorrow.”

A / N:

According to my Word count I wrote 11,000+ words already. 

Hahahha.

Well it’s fun for me.