Cadet Dess

Dess Roaderson : Destiny Cornell "Dess" Roaderson, sometimes nicknamed "D" and also known as "Cadet Dess", is a young Greater roadrunner who is a Level 2 land cadet

Voice actress: Maitreyi Ramakrishnan

Personality:
Dess is a "tough as nails" kind of bird, as she is shown to be independent, ambitious and street-smart. She is proven to be very helpful towards the community and to her peers.

She is extremely athletic and loves to race fast - whether it is racing on her vehicle or on foot. She is also shown to be rather daring, as she not only loves to run fast but loves to parkour and take advantage of her minimal flying abilities.

As a land cadet, she takes her role in a passionate way as she very much loves her job and is honored to help others. Because of this, she puts an "on the job" persona while she is either training or rescuing others, refusing to acted out and make sure to stay focus. She also shows off her rather logical and resourcerful side when on duty, as she is quickly able to figure things out and come up with fast solutions.

Dess's most distinctive trait is that she is very snarky, sarcastic and dry-witted - completely comfortable to say rather abrasive comments using her particular deadpan voice. She is also shown to be a blunt and honest individual, as she never told a lie in all her life and not even hesistating to say the harsh truth about someone. In fact, one thing that should be known is that even if she wants to, she struggles to tell even the simplest lie. Another thing is that sometimes, her friends and even herself couldn't tell if she is being sarcastic or genuine.

Compared to her teammates and other friends in general, Dess is more introverted since she is more calm, collected and prefers to be by herself. In fact, during breaks or after training missions, she would sometimes go on her own when most of her friends would do louder activities.

Because of her bashful attitude, Dess can get nervous when going to social events, specifically the ones with rather large and loud crowds. She hates public speaking and is also rather camera-shy, as she struggles to even speak properly when on camera. This shows that she can be a sheepish bird who has a hatred when the spotlight is directed to her.

While she seems rather cold and distant, Dess, in actuality, is a kind-hearted, caring and friendly individual, as she is always wanting to provide assistance to her teammates and family. She is also learning to be a bit more open as, even though she likes to be alone, one of her favorite things to do is spend time with her teammates as she considers them her best friends.

While she is a very sporty-type person, Dess actually likes to do more relaxed activities - specifically, doodling and yoga. She also likes to take quiet walks and listen to music, along with enjoying the scenery.

Vehicle:
Dess's vehicle is the Dashercycle; a sleek sky-blue racing motorcycle with black, white and medium-blue accents, along with a silver Top Wing Logo placed on the front. It is equipped with a turbo thruster, evasive-manuver wheels, an autopilot mode, a side car, and it has the ability to drive on walls and it can drive at the speed of a cheetah.

Appearance:
Dess is a young and thin Greater roadrunner. Naturally for her type of bird, her white feathers are rather distinctive; having dark brown specks all over, followed by a dark brown stripe on the front of her face, dark brown-tipped wings, long dark brown and emerald-green tail feathers, a gray beak with the front being colored in a darker shade, and circular-like markings with blue and orange edges around her eyes and eyebrows.

Her feathers also formed long, thick, spiked and tuft-filled black hair with golden-brown tips. Her hair also features bangs that cover parts of her right eye and eyebrow; her eyes themselves are a large, almond-shaped emerald-green with thick eyelashes protruding from them, while her brows are a thin, very dark brown. She is the shortest out of her team.

Clothing:
Dess's attire consists of a short-sleeved, high-collared medium-blue sports shirt under a sky-blue hoodie vest with white drawstrings and white trimming on the sides. She also wears a medium-blue watch with a silver lining, tightly fastened around her right wing so that she doesn't lose it easily.

She also wore black capri leggings with thin white stripes and the bottom part colored in a medium-blue, and sky-blue sports shoes with white laces and a black stripe above the white soles. Dess accessorizes with black and white sports accessories, which are black fingerless exercise gloves with a thin white stripe around it, and matching sports bands around her arms.

Level 2 Uniform
Her Level 2 uniform consists of a sky-blue helmet with black, white, medium-blue and dark royal-blue accents, along with a microphone attached to it and two small emerald-green buttons located on the left, as she can somehow manage to fit all of her hair under it. She wears a long-sleeved sky-blue shirt with a small medium-blue button located on the high black collar, black and white accents on the front, and black and white stripes on the sleeves with her badge printed on her left sleeve, with a small metallic, medium-blue and silver pin with black details adorning the front.

Dess also wore black-trimmed dark royal-blue driving gloves that covers her wings, black pants with thin, dark royal-blue stripes and white trimming, a black belt with a shimmering-silver design on it, and sky-blue and white boots with black soles and a black design on the toes, followed by white straps with black buckles. Her watch is strapped in its usual place, and she accessorizes with both black elbow and knee-pads.

Description:
"Dess sure is one fast roadrunner! A straightforward and sardonic individual who takes her job seriously, she could save others with in a blink of an eye, using her all-out street-smarts, parkouring skills and her sleek 'n' smooth Dashercycle!

Despite being not as energetic as her fellow Top Wing cadets and can come off as stoic, she has a heart of gold who is learning to be more comfortable in being herself."

Trivia:
• Her personality is inspired by Fuli from The Lion Guard and Gogo Tomago from Big Hero 6.
• She is shown to have a secret crush on Caspian.
• She has incredibly soft feathers, but hates it when someone touches them.
• She loves dancing, but feels embarrased when doing so.
• She has 4 older siblings and 3 younger ones.
• Her family is from Arizona.
• She enjoys peanut butter-flavoured treats, mostly peanut butter cups or peanut butter chocolate lava-cake.
• Her favorite thing to draw are butterflies.
• While she doesn't care for hairstyles, Dess is willing to let someone style her hair in a more feminine-way.
• She actually enjoys spas.