20.

The next day, Stiles pressed his foot on the brakes, coming to a slow stop near Jackson's Porsche and a red SUV in the school parking lot. I faked a smile from the backseat when I noticed Jackson and Mr. Argent standing in front of Jackson's car.

For some reason, Scott felt like he needed to protect Jackson because the hunters think he's a werewolf, even though I suggested it's not our problem and to let nature take its course. But no. Of course, they didn't agree.

"What's up?" Stiles called out and Jackson looked over to us with Mr. Argent.

"Is everything okay?" Scott asked them.

"Hey, Scott," Mr. Argent said with a fake ass smile like my own. "Your friend here was having car trouble. We're just taking a look."

"There's a shop right down the street," Scott pointed out and Jackson nervously looked between them. "I'm sure they have a tow truck."

"Yeah. You want a ride?" Stiles asked, and I knew he hated that.

Scott pushed open his door and Jackson honestly looked like he might shit himself.

"Hey, come on, Jackson," I said nicely, leaning out between the seats. "You're way too pretty to be out here all by yourself."

"Ew," Stiles whispered to me and I sent him a small smile.

You have nothing to worry about, I wanted to say but didn't.

Jackson nodded and started to walk toward us as Scott got out of the jeep and I sunk back into the backseat, sitting behind Stiles and watching Mr. Argent closely who seemed to be doing something to the Porsche.

"You owe me for this," I whispered to Stiles, looking at him for a second before looking back to the others.

Mr. Argent suddenly stood up, walking around the car. "Hey, boys, and Neriah," he called out, opening the car door. Well, at least he included me, I guess. The car started and I furrowed my brows. "Told you I knew a few things about cars."

I climbed over the seat, sitting in the front as we all watched Mr. Argent get back into his car and drive away without another word.

Jackson whirled back around to Scott with a furious look. "What, are you following me now?" he asked, and Stiles got out of the jeep just as Scott slammed the door before I could even get out.

"I'll just stay in here then," I mumbled, leaning against the rolled down window.

"Yea, you stupid freaking idiot," Scott said, getting closer to Jackson. "You almost gave away everything right there!"

"What are you talking about?" Jackson asked.

"He thinks you're the second Beta," I said, throwing my hand up. "Keep up, Jackass."

He looked at me and then to Scott with a confused face. "What?"

"He thinks you're me!" Scott yelled and then hit the jeep door and my teeth chattered.

"Bloody hell," I cringed, grabbing my jaw.

"Dude, my jeep," Stiles said in disappointment.

"I can hear your heart beating from a mile away, literally!" Scott said to Jackson, ignoring Stiles. "Now he thinks that there's something wrong, and now I have to keep an eye on you, so he doesn't kill you, too!"

Scott turned around, heading back toward my door with his arm raised and I threw out my hands, leaning out the window as Stiles grabbed him. "Okay, okay, okay," Stiles repeated, pulling Scott away. "How about we just step away from Stiles' jeep?"