19.

"Did you get the picture?" Scott asked me over the phone that I had on speaker while sitting in the backseat of Stiles' jeep.

"Yeah, we did, and it looks just like the drawing," I said, glancing back down at the paper in my hand.

Derek grabbed my hand, pulling the phone closer to him. "Hey, is there something on the back of it? There's gotta be something. An inscription, an opening, something."

"No, no, the thing's flat," Scott said. "And, no, it doesn't open. There's nothing in it, on it, around it, nothing. And where are you? You're supposed to be here. You're first line."

"Exactly what I said," I grumbled, sending Derek a glare as I pulled my hand away and heard Coach in the background of the call asking for Bilinski. "He can't even get your name right?" I deadpanned to Stiles who shrugged his shoulders.

"Man, you're not gonna play if you're not here to start," Scott said into the phone and I handed it to Stiles.

"I know," Stiles said, hitting his steering wheel. "Look, if you see my dad, can you tell him...Tell him I'll be there, I'll just be a little bit late, okay?"

Even without having to look at Stiles, I knew he was upset about not being at the game tonight. He was excited all day and so was his dad, and his dad's happiness is the main thing Stiles cares about.

"You're not gonna make it," Derek said when Stiles hung up the phone.

"I know," Stiles said in disappointment.

"And you didn't tell him about his mom, either."

I slapped Derek on the back of the head. "Thank you, Mr. Obvious," I mumbled, leaning forward between the two seats and throwing up my hand in front of his face when he started glaring at me. "We aren't telling his mom till we find out the truth."

"By the way, one more thing," Derek said and I dropped my hand.

"Yeah?" Stiles looked at him.

Derek reached across and grabbed the back of Stiles' head, slamming it into the steering wheel as my eyes widened.

"Oh, God!" Stiles groaned, holding his face. "What the hell was—"

Derek pointed a finger at him with a pissed-off look. "You know what that was for."

I shook my head at Derek in disappointment and then grabbed the back of his head, slamming it into the dashboard before he could stop me. "That was for Stiles," I said with a sharp tone as he groaned, flashing his blue eyes at me. "Stiles we should go," I quickly said, pushing Stiles to get out of the jeep. "Go!"

Stiles threw the door open and stumbled out of the jeep as I scrambled over the seat and jumped out next to him before Derek could slam my head next.

"Stupid werewolf," I muttered, slamming the jeep door shut before grabbing Stiles and walking us toward the same care facility my dad lives in.

"Yeah, I said I can't find her," Stiles said into the phone to Derek as we walked up the hallway near the reception desk where no one else was.

"Look, ask for Jennifer," Derek instructed. "She's been looking after Riah's dad."

I grabbed Stiles' arm and pulled him into my dad's room, but I halted, looking at the freshly made bed, clear walls, and empty wheelchair.

"Give me the phone," I said to Stiles and took it from him before he could think about it. "Derek, he's not here," I said into the phone, my body filling with worry.

"What?"

"He's not here," I repeated, walking further into the room. "He's gone, Derek. So is everything else I've left him over the years. Where the hell is my dad?"

There was long pause, and I shared a worried look with Stiles, putting the phone on speaker just when Derek spoke again, "Riah, get out of there right now! It's him! He's the Alpha! Get out!"

I looked at Stiles with wide eyes, feeling the world slip out from under my feet. Stiles grabbed my arm, backing me out of the door slowly with him, only for a small cry to leave my lungs as I turned and spotted my dad standing near us.

"D-Dad?" I stuttered, taking a step toward him only for Stiles to pull me back. "You're walking," I breathed, looking at him in disbelief. How was this possible? How did I not know?

"My beautiful daughter," he said, and I barely recognised his voice after so long. I felt like a part of me broke when he turned his stare to Stiles. "And you must be Stiles."

"I-What? Why...How?" I tripped over my words as so many questions filled my head and tears swam in my eyes.

Stiles pulled me back fast and then halted and I crashed into him, looking behind us to see Jennifer blocking our way out.

"What are you doing here?" she asked with venom in her tone. "Visiting hours are over."

I blinked hard a few times as Stiles kept a tight hold on my arm, looking back and forth. "You...And him."

"You're the Alpha?" I asked my dad, pushing Stiles' grip off my arm. "You're the one that chased us through the school?" I snapped, feeling the world settle under my feet by anger. "You almost killed me in the video store!" I yelled, flexing out my claws.

"Oh, my God, I'm gonna die," Stiles mumbled from behind me.

"How could you keep this from me?" I fumed at my father, staring into his eyes that I inherited. "What father does that to their child?"

"I would never harm you, Neriah," my father said, taking a step toward me and showing those burns on his face. "Why would I harm you after I put my life on the line to save you?"

"You don't get to ask questions here!" I yelled and Stiles pulled me back just as I heard a thud behind me.

I whirled around to see Jennifer unconscious on the ground with Derek standing over her.

"That's not nice," my father crooned from behind me. "She's my nurse."

"She's a psychotic bitch helping you kill people," Derek remarked and then looked to me and Stiles. "Get out of the way."

"Oh, damn," Stiles groaned, pulling me to the floor with him.

"You think I killed Laura on purpose?" my father asked Derek and my claws slipped back under my nails. "One of my own family?"

Derek growled, his fangs popping out with his eyes flashing blue. And then he pounced on my father, taking him to the floor.

"Go, Stiles!" I said, shoving him across the floor away from the fighting. "Get out! Go!"

I got to my feet, grabbing the back of Stiles' jacket and I didn't stop dragging him along the floor on his back until we reached the front doors.

"We gotta get to Scott!" I exclaimed, pulling him onto his feet.

"Your family is insane!" he shrieked, and I only nodded my head agreeing.