Tyson's(NOT SO)Welcomed home

Start from the beginning

"What's going on here?" he asked 

Once the shouting was lost we could hear Chiron was listening to his favorite 1960s lounge music while he packed his saddlebags. Chiron is a centaur half-man above the waist and half white stallion below the waist. He was a middle-aged man with curly brown hair and scraggly beard.  He could pass for human by compacting his lower half into a magic wheelchair which is very new—at least to me. You see I've met him a very long time ago, the first time was when I was traveling Heracles. 

One of his back legs was being held together with a mechanical cast. That was Heracles doing, he 'accidentally' pierced him with a poisoned arrow. Totally on purpose. 

As soon as we saw him, Tyson lost interest in me "Pony!" he cried in total rapture.

Chiron turned, looking offended. "I beg you pardon?" the turned to me looking concerned like Annabeth did back in our mist call. "Are you okay Y/n?"

I sighed "I'm fine. . .just having an off day"

Annabeth ran up and hugged him. "Chiron, what's happening? You're not . . . leaving?" Her voice was shaky. Chiron was like a second father to her. 

Chiron ruffled her hair and gave her a kindly smile. "Hello, child. And Percy, my goodness. You've grown over the year!" 

He swallowed. "Clarisse said you were . . . you were . . ."

"Fired," Chiron's eyes glinted with dark humor. "Ah, well, someone had to take the blame. Lord Zeus was most upset. The tree he'd created from the spirit of his daughter, poisoned! Mr. D had to punish someone."

"Besides himself, you mean," Percy growled. Just the thought of the camp director, made every camper angry even his own kids disliked their fathers attitude.

"But this is crazy!" Annabeth cried. "Chiron, you couldn't have had anything to do with poisoning Thalia's tree!"

"Nevertheless," Chiron sighed, "some in Olympus do not trust me now, under the circumstances." 

"What circumstances?" Percy asked.

Chiron's face darkened. He stuffed a Latin-English dictionary into his saddlebags while the Frank Sinatra music oozed from his, boom box? 

Tyson was staring at Chiron like a kid a candy shop I past by once during my travels. He whimpered like he wanted to pat Chiron's flank but was afraid to come closer. "Pony?"

Chiron sniffed. "My dear young Cyclops! I am a centaur"

"Chiron," Percy said "What about the tree? What happened?"

He shook his head sadly. "The poison used on Thalia's pine is something from the Underworld, Percy."

"What?" I asked "Chiron you taught me and Patroclus all about medicine, is there really nothing you can do?" 

Again he shook his head placing a hand on my shoulder "This is some venom even I have never seen. It must have come from a monster quite deep in the pits of Tartarus."

"Then we know who's responsible. Kro-"

"Do not invoke the titan lord's name, Percy. Especially not here, not now."

"Please the titan lord is in little pieces and only an invader of dreams right now. This has his pawn written all over it. Luke had to have done it that Traitor"

"Exactly" Percy said

But Chiron kept his gaze at me was it more concern?

"Perhaps," Chiron finally said. "But I fear I am being held responsible because I did not prevent it and I cannot cure it. The tree has only a few weeks of life left unless. . . .