I

"Stella! Wake up or else you'll be hungry all day!" Nova Stray, Stella Stray's mother, yelled from downstairs. "Okay mom! I'm going!" Stella yelled back. Stella quickly got ready and put on a light gray thin long sleeve with low rise jeans. She did all her morning essentials and made her way downstairs.

"Hey Stell, you woke up late again?" Charlie said from the girls kitchen table. "Yup, and I still look better than you!" Stella said. Charlie always came to her house on Wednesday mornings since they were late start days. They had plenty of time before school starts. Enough time for breakfast. "We all know no one can beat this handsome face," Charlie said, but not before letting out a burp.

"Can't argue with that," Stella said sarcastically. "Here you go sweeties," Nova said serving the two pancakes and orange juice.
"Thank you mama," Stella said
"Thank you miss Stray" Charlie said.

Once the two finished eating, they had enough time to play a game, then they went to school.

🛸🛸🛸🛸

The two had a few classes together, one of them was science class. Today they had to present one basic form of energy. "Charlie!" The teacher called out to the boy who was too busy daydreaming, "You're up."

Charlie walked up to the front of the class. "Well, my presentation isn't about any of these energy sources." Charlie said. Stella internally groaned and looked at Berger. Stella told Charlie not to present what he was presenting when he asked her for ideas. She thought he listened. Guess not.

"It's about a new one. Which happens to be... The world's greatest hero, the Guard." Charlie said. "Charlie, how is this relevant?" The teacher said. "Everybody's talking about how the guard stopped that nuclear meltdown in India, right? Or how he saved those kids in Taiwan, or stopped that jet from crashing in Brazil. But no one is talking about how he did it." Charlie continued yapping about the guard when a girl walked in.

"Hi am I at the right place?" The girl asked as she closed the door behind her. Stella froze. That was her old best friend. They ended on bad terms. "You must be Maya Monroe? Class this is our new transfer student from Turkey. Please do not mock any strange customs that she may have." The teacher said.

"Maya you can have a seat at that empty table. Stella go sit next to her so she's not alone. Charlie continue with your presentation." The teacher said. Stella groaned, partially because she didn't want to leave her spot next to Charlie and the other part because she knew it'd be awkward. She got up and sat next to Maya. Stella and Charlie made eye contact because they both knew what had happened. Before Charlie could continue with the presentation, the end of class bell rang. Everyone quickly piled out of the classroom.

🛸🛸🛸🛸

"Hey Lizzie," Stella said as she sat down next to the blond haired girl. "Hey Stella" Lizzie said. They were watching Charlie's and Berger's baseball game.

"Hey, Lizzie with Stella, nine o'clock." Berger said as he looked at the bleachers. Charlie burped when he saw Stella looking back at him with a warm smile.

Stella waved at Charlie from her spot on the bench. She looked to her left and saw Maya sitting by herself. She walked towards the girl. "Hey Maya, wanna sit with me and Lizzie?" Stella asked. Of course it was weird talking to Maya, but it was the least she could do after everything that happened. "Sure," Maya said. The two made their way to sit next to Lizzie.

"So I'm here with my current and old bffs. Maya just showed back up after like, years of travelling the world. So jealous." Lizzie said as she held up her phone. "What's your at?" Lizzie asked Maya. "I'm not on social media," Maya said. "What?" Lizzie said incredulously.

"Okay well what are your interests?" Lizzie asked. "Um lock picking, Norwegian death metal, and I can field strip an M4 blindfolded." Maya said. "Okay," Lizzie nodded.

"You ask Lizzie to the dance yet?" Charlie asked. "I'll do it when you ask Stella. Besides, women like it when you leave things till the last minute" Berger said. "Where'd you hear that?" Charlie asked. She didn't get a reply because Bergers brother showed up to talk to him.

"Yo Berger! Mom wanted me to bring you your fan. So here." Berger's brother, big mac, said. "You ever think about how you call him Berger but that's your last name too?" Charlie asked. "That's why I go as big mac, because uh, I'm the tastiest Berger." big mac said.

"Who is that?" Maya asked. "That's Forrest Steal," Stella said. "They call him, 'The Sequoia.'" Lizzie said. "Oh crap," Stella said. "What?" Maya asked. "It's Charlie's turn. Did the coach seriously have to pick him when The Sequoia goes up?" Stella said. "What's so bad about that?" Maya said. "Charlie's like, super scrawny, there's no way he'll do good," Lizzie said nonchalantly. "Lizzie!" Stella said, lightly slapping her arm. "What! We were all thinking it!" Lizzie said.

"Let's go Charlie! You got this!" Stella shouted. Charlie looked at Stella and nodded firmly. When Forrest hit the ball, it hit Charlie's stomach really hard. Everyone made an 'oooh' sound. Stella grimaced.

🛸🛸🛸🛸

"Charlie, you did great!" Stella said once they were in the car. "You don't have to lie Stell," Charlie said. "Okay, well, you still tried your best! Which is better than most people!" Stella said, laying her hand on his shoulder. Charlie looked at her and burped. Stella just giggled at him before looking down at her lap. She always thought him and his nervous burp were cute.

Stella saw Charlie looking at a video that was trending of him getting hit with the ball. Stella reached over and shut off the phone. "Just ignore it, okay?" Stella said. Charlie nodded.

Big mac pulled into the driveway of Stella's house. "Thanks for driving me big mac. Bye Charlie, bye Berger" Stella said as she ran up to the front door and went inside. There was a chorus of byes from the boys. Charlie stared at her longingly as she walked off. He sighed before looking away.

First chap!!😜😜
Lowk excited for this book

First chap!!😜😜Lowk excited for this book