VI

"Charlie!" Mr. Kincaid said. An explosion woke him. "What's happening? Charlie what's happening?" The man demanded.

"Dad, here's the deal. This whole frickin place is rigged with bombs, all right? We got five minutes to get out of here, save Berger, and get the source." Charlie explained. "I can't believe you took the source to school." Jack said.

"No time for parenting dad!" Charlie said, "How do we get out of here?"
"There's an escape hatch above the gym," Jack said. "Not an option. Systems locked down." Irons said. Charlie and Stella shared a look. "What?" Jack asked incredulously. "Argon changed all these access codes. Everything is encrypted now," Irons said.

"Dad, dad you stay here," Charlie said as he saw his father try to sit up, "Blue eyes, fix him up." Stella said. "It's captain Shawn Irons." Irons said. "Okay, Shawn, I don't remember asking. Go fix him up." Stella said.

"Lizzie, you crack the code so we can get access to the system. Stella and I will print enough jet packs for all of us, all right?" Charlie said. "We will?" Stella asked. "I trust you, do you trust me?" Charlie said. "Of course I do," Stella said. The two then ran off to the printer.

🛸🛸🛸🛸

"Hurry up we don't have that much time!" Charlie shouted. They jumped on the printer platform. Just before they could reach the printer control, the clear walls of the printer platform arose and isolated them from everything else.

The printer began printing out a big square that were used to build the place. The square fell and almost crushed the two. Then the cycle repeated. "Charlie move!" Stella said as one almost crushed him. "Lizzie!" Stella shouted to the blonde girl.
"That was not part of the plan!" Lizzie shouted when she saw the situation her two friends were in.

"Lizzie come on!" Charlie shouted. As soon as Lizzie figures out the code, they'd be free. Until then, Charlie and Stella stayed stuck.
Another square fell, leaving only a tiny space for Charlie and Stella. "We're getting crushed!" Stella shouted. "No really?" Charlie shouted back sarcastically.

"Sorry, I'm just panicking!" Stella said. "No I'm sorry, I'm just scared." Charlie said. "Listen Stella I gotta tell you something," Charlie said. Before he could continue, the artificial voice said,

'Platform had reached maximum capacity. Commencing vaporization procedure.'

"I really like you. Like, like like you. And I figured since we're gonna die, I should just tell you." Charlie said. Stella couldn't answer because the squares were crushing them and one was pressing into her stomach, making her hold her breath in pain.

The artificial voice began counting down to when they would get vaporized. The only thing Stella could do to comfort herself and Charlie was hold onto his hand.

Just as the artificial voice reached '1', Lizzie typed in the correct password, freeing Stella and Charlie. They flew onto the floor when the clear walls came down. The huge square fell on top of them, encasing them. But at least they didn't die.

"I'm sorry," Charlie said, panting. "Boys pick the weirdest times to be vulnerable," Stella whispered to herself. "Let's go print those jet packs." Stella said.

🛸🛸🛸🛸

'Jet pack printing. 4 of 7 complete'

The self destruct sequence started. There was no time for the rest of the jet packs. Lizzie flew off with Big Mac. "We gotta double up," Charlie said, he grabbed Stella and flew up. Maya flew up by herself leaving Jack and Irons to fly together. The last two exited right before it blew up.

Charlie and Stella crashed into a grassy area. The started laughing about the whole situation. "That was crazy!" Lizzie said. "We just flew?" Big Mac said. "We've gotta get to school," Maya said.

"You should leave the kids with me, they'll just slow you down." Irons told Jack. "No!" They all shouted. "Berger is my our best friend." Charlie said. "He's my little brother," Big Mac said. "We are going with you Mr. Kincaid." Stella said. Jack gave Irons a tight lipped smile and shrugged.

"I'm not the only one looking for ya." Irons said as he looked up and saw helicopters in the night sky. "You guys go. I'll slow em down. The world needs the guard Jack. And you're the least bad option." Shawn Irons said.  "Thanks." Jack said.

"All right, you guys get the heck out of here. Stop Argon, all right?" Irons demanded. The six all ran to the van.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while🌚
Not edited

Sorry I haven't posted in a while🌚Not edited