Chapter Three

Morrigan slipped into her apartment, quickly walking to her bathroom and taking a short shower in order to not stink of sweat and grime in her Classics lecture. She quickly washed her body and hair before stepping out of the shower and wrapping a fluffy white towel around herself and a smaller microfibre towel around her hair, the Aphrodite kids would have killed her if she used a normal towel.

Walking into her room, Morrigan quickly blow dried her hair and got dressed in a dark grey thick knit turtleneck sweater, tucked into a tight black mini skirt. She paired this with black thigh high boots, a black leather jacket and a black backpack filled with her literature books and her laptop that her father gifted her, as a congratulatory present for being his first child (hopefully the first of many) to get into university.

Grabbing her keys, Morrigan stepped back out of her apartment as she had enough time to actually get transport to the university rather than exhaust herself by shadow travelling for the fifth time that day.

As she shut her door behind her, the sound of the door opposite her shutting reached her ears and Morrigan turned around to see Jason also leaving his apartment locking his door behind him. Much like herself, Jason also wore a dark grey shirt with blue diesel jeans and combat boots and a black leather jacket, sporting a similar backpack slung over his shoulder.

Morrigan's honey golden eyes met the male's own blue and smiled in his direction. A small one was reciprocated back to her as they both headed for the stairs. Not for the first time Morrigan cursed the landlord's decision to not get an elevator. Apparently she wasn't silent in her complaints as Jason let out a chuckle, shocking Morrigan as she hadn't realised she had spoken aloud.

"Sorry, I didn't realise I said that out loud." Morrigan said, awkwardly laughing in an attempt to lessen her embarrassment.

"Don't worry about it. Seriously. You aren't the first person to complain, the landlord is a cheapskate and a money hog which isn't a rarity in Crime Alley." Jason assured her, causing the blush that had been threatening to rise to return in full force, "So where are you headed?"

Morrigan thought it over before replying, because while Jason was her neighbour, they had only spoken a handful of times. "I'm headed to the bus station so I can catch one to Gotham University. What about you?"

"Wait seriously?" He asked incredulously, eyebrows drawn up slightly.

"Yeah? What about it?" Morrigan asked, fairly confused by the taller man's less than ordinary response. Jason chucked before replying.

"That's where I'm going. Don't tell me you have Classics with Professor Noelle Birdon as well." He joked, not actually expecting her to have the same class as him.

"Oh thank the gods there will be someone I know in the lecture." Morrigan laughed, both at her relief and at the surprised look on his face. Wow he really wasn't expecting me to be in that class as well, she thought, internally giggling.

"Well classmate," He joked, "Do you want a ride with yours truly instead of having to get Gotham's bus service which I can personally guarantee will be at least 45 minutes late." Jason offered, to Morrigan's astonishment.

"Definitely." She responded, having never been excited by the prospect of having to get public transport in the first place.

"Although, one slight problem." Jason mentioned sheepishly, as if he had forgotten about the problem until they had reached the front door of the building. Morrigan tilted her head questioningly, before Jason responded.

"When I offered the lift I forgot that my car is currently being serviced and if you still want a lift we would have to take my bike ..." Jason trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck as he gestured to the bike parked in the alleyway, hidden from anyone who may think of stealing one of his prized possessions.