Chapter 5: Abomination 1- Blue Sour Patch Kid

19 feet of blue raspberry fluffiness. Yellow mittens and feet. Eyes big with black irises and white scleras. "JESUS CHRIST–" I gasped, backing away.

"IT'S THE BIG BLUE SOUR PATCH KID!!!" Charlotte hollered from the Make-A-Friend machine.

The two of us backed away from Huggy as his sausage-ass lips twitched with an insatiable hunger. For human flesh, I guess. The stairs were blocked off, so there goes that escape route. Huggy bent down to walk through the doorway, and as we ran away, hopping over the conveyor belt. "Sis! In here!" I yelled.

I was standing in the doorway of the ventilation system. Charlotte nodded and ran with me, leaving Huggy in the Make-a-Friend room. "It's dark as hell in here!!" Charlotte cried.

"We have flashlights, right?" I asked.

"No!!"

That's when something popped into my head. I took out my phone and turned its flashlight on, scanning the ventilation system. No sign of Huggy Wuggy. Yet. We continued walking until we came across a fenced-off wall. I could hear the heavy feet padding on the conveyor belts and hands slamming against the vent walls. Then we saw his face; eyes big and black. I could see my shocked look through those eyes. His smile was wide and probably had a thousand murderous fantasies hiding behind it. Charlotte and I were quick to run to the left, climbing up the conveyor belt. But was that the biggest mistake ever?

~~~

"Sissy! Come see this awesome game I found!"

I walked into my sister's room. It was 2022; two years before what happens in the story you're reading, one year before the Chapter 3 hype, and one year before I began generating ideas for the Toy Box Arc for my story Capital Getaway. Charlotte was sitting on her bed with her phone as she watched someone scream while playing a game. "What the... What is that?" I asked, looking at her phone.

"It's a game called Poppy Playtime. It's about some person that goes to an abandoned toy factory after all the people disappeared," Charlotte explained.

She then showed me her phone to show one of her favorite Youtubers playing the game she mentioned. They were doing some kind of memory-based minigame while the sound of clanging cymbals could be heard above them. That's when a yellow bunny in overalls jumped onto their face, smashing their cymbals between the player's head. The Youtuber screamed at the sudden action while the screen, for them, became static with cryptic messages on it. "This is cool, right? Do you think you can draw the characters?" Charlotte asked.

I blinked when I remembered that she was talking to me. "Sis... Did you hear me?" Charlotte said.

"Yeah–"

"Then what did I say?"

I stopped and thought. "Could I... draw them?" I questioned.

Charlotte nodded. I then went on my phone and looked up the game, looking at some of the characters, and nodding to myself. I think the troublesome one would be the elastic woman, but she looks fun too. But in all seriousness, the little female doll seems the hardest. But of course, I can manage. I've drawn Yoko Kurama a gazillion times. And I've improved on his bangs. I'm sure I can draw these characters. "Hey, sissy," Charlotte said.

"Hm?"

"What would you do if you were in Poppy Playtime?"

~~~

Coming right at us was Huggy. Now, watching the games wasn't THAT scary. But seeing it in real life? I wanted to shit myself and scream. We did an immediate 180-degree turn and ran, seeing markings on the wall. Words such as "Don't" and "Danger" were written in markers of different colors. Red, blue, yellow, and green. Charlotte ran ahead of me, most likely having memorized the way to go. As for me, I tried following, but here and there, I would get lost. As I kept running, a door closed before me. I worriedly looked behind me to see Huggy trailing behind me. Slowly.

It scared me.

This was the first chapter, dammit.

Why would something released so far back scare me?

Sweat began to form on my skin as I banged on the door, hoping it would open. When it did, I quickly made a run for it, going past more doodles on the metal walls. The more I ran, the more I felt like I was being brought back. "Virginia??" Charlotte called.

Her voice echoed before her scream was heard. "I'm still here!!" I called in response.

My voice echoed on the walls. The conveyor belts were turned on, to my surprise. That's why I was moving slower. They were moving the other way. I tried sprinting, which hurt my legs like a motherfucker, and thankfully, I was getting farther from Huggy Wuggy. The bad part is that I ran to a slide, falling on my face as I slid down. I crashed into some boxes as a voice called to me. "Sissy! There you are!! Where were you?"

Charlotte stood on the boxes, also a bit bruised up. "I was trying to follow you, but god dammit, sis! You're too fast! And the stinking conveyor belts were holding me back," I responded.

That's when the sound of heavy steps could be heard. I shook as both of my GrabPack hands grabbed onto the box above us. But I couldn't pull the box down. My hands were cold with sweat. "Sissy!!" Charlotte exclaimed.

Still, I couldn't move. Hussy was coming closer, strands of saliva connected to his sharp monster-like teeth. His eyes were still wide as he refused to blink. He was staring us down with the same insatiable hunger that reminded me of Hamilton and Leopold when I asked them if they were ready for their dog treats. "SISSY HURRY!!!" Charlotte shouted.

With one last mighty pull, the large box came down onto the catwalk, bringing the first catwalk down, and Huggy fell, hitting his head on one of the metal pipes as I watched his sausage-ass mouth move one last time before he plunged into the darkness below. Charlotte walked to my side as she tapped my shoulder. "What did he say?" she asked.

I turned to look at her. "Be brave."

And now we had one more place to go. Charlotte and I walked across the metal catwalks, avoiding to look down. That wouldn't be good for my stomach. Up some stairs, we went until we faced a familiar-looking wall. The large wall had the poppy painted on it. Dead toys hung near it with messages that said to not go in and to go away. But as I'm sure we all know, Charlotte and I didn't listen. We opened the door and walked through. The hallway's walls had red flowers on them. "I remember this scene..." I said.

"Me too, doofus..." Charlotte muttered.

We walked downstairs as quiet music played in the background. Now the hallway we walked through had the same lights on the walls, but it was somewhat darker. The music box jingles got louder. When entering a small foyer, we noticed a dollhouse. There was a wardrobe that blocked a door, which we WILL be going through in a bit. I remember this part. Charlotte led the way again as we passed through the foyer and went down another hallway, seeing that the lights quickly turned redder than blood. "Wanna open the door, sis?" Charlotte asked.

"Might as well."

I put my hand on the handle and pushed, opening the door. Now, Charlotte and I looked at Poppy. She stood with her eyes closed, trapped in a case, which 100% reminded me of Annabelle. A few pillows were scattered across the floor. Charlotte and I both put our hands on the handle and pulled. Was it another big mistake? No. This was meant to happen. The red lights began to flicker. Charlotte held onto me as Poppy's eyes blinked. Every time the lights went off, they closed. Her eyes opened when the lights came back on. It went on until the lights went out completely. "You opened my case."