Chapter 10

XxXxX

“A… ‘pleasure’... to do business with you.” She never thought that she would want murder someone so much.

“Well, I aim to please.” The smug voice of that two bit crook caused her eyebrow to twitch so violently that she wouldn't be surprised if she pulled one of her facial muscles.

“I just need to admit that I'm quite curious…” The crook continued, not even knowing that he was dancing across a minefield at the moment. “What would you need such a high class apartment in such a short notice for?”

Even with her infinite patience she could feel the miniscule embers of magic spark in accordance with her mood, her eyes letting out the smallest of sparks from the corner of her eyes as she glared bloody holes into the infuriating man's body.

“You are awfully inquisitive for someone in your line of work. It could prove unhealthy.” She replied with a forced smile, internally reminding herself that her mistress wanted everything to be done cleanly and without any problems. The dark lady even presented her with nearly unlimited access to her private funds just to make it quicker and easier.

“Knowledge is everything in this line of work, sweet cheeks.” The maskara wearing buffoon replied while putting a cigar into his mouth and trying to produce fire with a fancy lighter.

Rising one of her hands she summoned a small pillar of pale blue fire, hot enough to burn straight through concrete.

“Here, let me help you with that.” She smiled at his cautious reaction, reaching out to him and immediately vaporizing half of his cigar before he was able to move away.

“Aw, dang it. It was one of my better ones too.” He mumbled to himself, taking out the remaining piece from his mouth. “Whelp… it seems that we are done here so I'm just going to excuse myself, if you need anything else just give me a holler. See ya.”

Making doubly sure that the infuriating man left the apartment and the premises of the building Cinder let out an angry sigh.

Sweeping the whole apartment for any undesirable equipment she could only curse under her breath as she immolated the sixth hidden camera. Roman Torchwick officially got himself to the top of her list, only spared for now because of her master's order.

Making another sweep of the place she breathed a sigh of relief as she didn't find anything else, even with the help of the detectors given to her by Watts.

Standing in the middle of the living room she took out her scroll and after making sure that she was looking presentable she dialed a number, feeling her heartbeat quicken between the dial tones.

“Cinder.” The regal voice of her Mistress resounded in the room after a few more seconds, her pale face only making the black and red eyes more intimidating.

“My Lady, the preparations are finished. I'm ready to welcome you in Vale at any time.” She dutifully reported, barely suppressing the sudden shudder down her spine at the small smirk on her master's lips.

“You are currently at the place I asked you to procure, yes?” Salem asked, in something that could approach a lighter tone if someone ever could think she was able to use such.

“Yes.”

“Very well.” The queen of darkness replied with the connection cutting off abruptly.

Standing there for a few seconds in surprise that she didn't receive any more orders, Cinder was about to call her master once more when a sudden pulse of energy behind her made her twist in place, her glass swords forming instinctually in her hands.