14.

We all ran into another classroom upstairs and I closed the door behind us, shoving a stool under the handle to keep it locked before backing away, and realising we're in the chemistry classroom.

Lydia covered her mouth with her hand and Stiles pulled me back behind him when we heard footsteps outside and a distance growl.

I held my breath, staring at the black silhouette slowly going past the door window and then it disappeared, not even a sound with it.

"Jackson, how many people can you fit in your car?" Scott asked him quietly.

"Five, if someone squeezes on someone's lap," he answered.

Allison gawked at him. "Five? I barely fit in the back."

"There's six of us," Lydia pointed out, looking around at us.

"I can hot wire Derek's car within seconds," I said, furrowing my brows at their raised brows.

Stiles shook his head. "It doesn't matter. There's no getting out without drawing attention."

"What about this?" Scott asked, walking toward a door on the other side of the classroom and I followed him with Stiles. "This leads to the roof. We can go down the fire escape to the parking lot in, like, seconds."

"That's a deadbolt," Stiles stated, pointing at the lock.

"Even we can't get through that," I said to Scott.

He sighed and then looked back at us, an idea clear on his face. "The janitor has a key."

"You mean his dead body has it," I reminded him.

"I can get it," Scott declared. "I can find him by scent, by blood."

"Well, gee, that sounds like an incredibly terrible idea," Stiles said with clear sarcasm. "What else you got?"

"I'm getting the key."

I grabbed his shoulder, pulling him back before he could pass me. "Scott, I've done this whole werewolf thing for sixteen years, so trust me when I say this, you will die out there. Werewolf or not."

"We have no other plan," he said, brushing my hand off. "I'm getting that key." And he walked straight past me.

I exhaled sharply, pulling my hair. "I'm going to chew my nails off next."

Stiles grabbed my hand, pulling it away from my hair. "You'll go bald before you do that," he mumbled, pulling me toward the others.

"Are you serious?" Allison asked Scott, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Well, it's the best plan," Scott said. "Someone has to get the key if we want to get out of here."

"You can't go out there unarmed," she stated sharply.

Scott reached behind her, grabbing a flimsy metal pointer and I rolled my eyes. "Well, it's better than nothing," he argued.

"There's gotta be something else," Stiles said, looking around the room.

"There is," Lydia said, nodding her head toward the glass cabinet full of chemicals.

"What are we gonna do? Throw acid on him?" Stiles deadpanned.

"No," I said, shaking my head and clicking onto Lydia's thinking. "Like a firebomb. In there is everything you need to make a self-igniting Molotov cocktail."

"Self-igniting..." Stiles trailed off, clearly confused.

"Molotov cocktail," Lydia said slower for him.