𝐹𝓊𝓁𝒻𝒾𝓁𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔

Start from the beginning

   "You look very handsome, Prince Beck," Avys said. "I know I look good, but thank you Avys," Beck smiled at him. "Wait," Avys said quickly, "You're missing something." Avys walked to Beck's dresser opening one of the drawers and pulling out two pieces of gold jewelry, both necklaces. The assistant walked back to Beck and reached up around his neck to hook the necklaces. "Now you look perfect," Avys confessed, smiling. Beck took another look in the mirror and was happy with the image that stared back at him.

    Beck and Avys exited Beck's room and walked down the grand hall to the King and Queen's meeting room. They didn't waste any time getting there since Beck feared he was already late. Halfway down the hall, servants caught up to Beck and Avys, escorting them to the meeting headquarters. Beck looked behind him at Avys, giving him a nervous look and Avys put his hand on Becks' back, gesturing to him everything would be okay. Beck took deep breaths to prepare himself and calm himself even more. He was anticipating what the King and Queen would announce, and it was especially nerve-racking to Beck that even Avys didn't have details.

    They all finally reached the big wooden doors with gold swirls and the servants all ran to open the doors for their prince. Beck took one more deep breath and exhaled loudly, as he looked at Avys one more time before walking in. Avys and all the other servants let go of the doors so they could shut slowly and stood outside the meeting room, making sure no one was to enter when they weren't supposed to. Beck heard the thud of the wooden doors behind him as he made eye contact with his Father and then glanced at everyone else in the room. The seats at the table were filled with assistants and officials of the castle. Beck didn't see anyone in particular, and he was relieved to not see any royalty from another kingdom. He took his seat beside his Father and nodded to both his parents as the King started talking.

"First off, I'm glad to see everyone made it to this meeting." The King continued, "We have called everyone here today because my wife and I have decided to plan a surprise event." Beck looked around the room to catch anyone else's reaction. He was on edge but equally as excited for what was to come. The King started to speak again, "We want to establish a surprise ball, and neighboring kingdoms who would like to join us may be allowed to come. We will need many soldiers to patrol the kingdom at this time and everyone be alert. We all know how risky this is to do since we never know who will try to sabotage us. But my Queen and I believe that this ball will allow all the kingdoms to potentially get to know each other better, and prevent chaos between each other."

Beck thought that this was absurd. He was upset since his parents really thought a ball was important enough to not give the details to Avys, causing him to worry. And, Beck didn't want to attend a stupid ball, having to talk to a bunch of stupid people! On top of that, Beck thought that his Father was stupid for putting their kingdom in jeopardy, since just like his Father already said, you never know what anyone could try to do. Beck stood up from his seat and decided to voice his objections,

"This is stupid, Father! No one wants to go to a ball, and why would you put our kingdom in jeopardy?!" Beck saw his Father glare at him.

"Beck, you cannot always be scared of the risks, if this ball goes well, then that means peace could possibly run all over the Land of Averna. And just because you don't want to attend a ball doesn't mean anyone else doesn't want to get out and have fun, so sit down now son, and stop making a scene." Beck whined in protest, "But Father, shouldn't you think about this more thoroughly."

    "No son, your Mother and I have already thought this through enough, now sit and stop rebelling against my decision." Beck sat down at that, not being able to protest anymore. He huffed as he landed back in his seat, now feeling the embarrassment rise as he searched around the room. He couldn't wait to get out of this meeting, he was dreading the rest of his day now and just wanted to curl up in his bed and sleep.