chapter 14 |•

Author's pov.

📍 Reyansh's house.

"Dadi please, aapne meri har baat mani hai, ye bhi man lo na."
(You've listened to everything I've said, listen to this as well please)

Here, Reyansh was trying to convince her grandmother for his marriage proposal for Shivani.

"Wo ladki ke wajah se tera haal kya hua tha yaad hai na?!"
(You do remember what happened to you because of that girl)

"Nahi, Wo apni marzi se nahi gayi thi! Aur agar aap log ye rishte ke liye nahi manoge toh mein aise hi rahuga par shaadi nahi karuga!"
(No! She didn't go away due to her will! And if y'all don't agree for this marriage then I want marry!)

He said standing up as he was on his knees. Dadi shook her head while his mother face palmed knowing what might happen after he gets married to Shivani.

"Mein teri shaadi uss ladki se nahi karaugi. Fir chahe kuch ho jaye."
(I won't let you marry that girl. Even if something happens)

"Thik hai fir mein bhi dekhta hu kese nahi karoge aap meri shaadi usse."
(Okay then, even I'll see how you won't get me married to her)

He said leaving the hall room followed by Lakshmi to his room.

"Reyansh tujhe pata hai na teri dadi kesi hai? Agar tu Shivani ka bhala chata hai toh ye zid chhor de. Warna shaadi ke baad wo ye taane aur baaki sab seh nahi payegi."
(Reyansh you know how your grandmother is. If you want good for Shivani then leave this stubbornness. Or else she won't be able to handle all those taunts)

"Agar meri shaadi hogi toh srif Shivani se hogi. Aur mere hote hue meri biwi ko koi kuch nahi bol payega."
(If I marry then I'll marry only Shivani. And with me besides her no one can say a thing to her)

"Tere hone pe na. Jab tu nahi rahega tab? Tab wo kya karegi? Usko sab sunna padega. Aur tujhe bohot ache se pata unke khilaf jao toh kya karti hai wo."
(When you won't be around then? Then what will she do? She'll have to listen all the things. And you know well what your grandma does if someone goes against her)

"Meri gair mojudgi me kuch nahi hoga usko. Agar usko alag se rakhna pade toh wo bhi karne ko tayyar hu, par shaadi srif ussi se karunga."
(Without me, nothing will happen to her. And if I have to stay separate, I will do that too but I'll marry only her)

Lakshmi sighed as the boy wasn't trying to understand a thing. Knowing how much of a stubborn kid Reyansh can be, she didn't argue but left from there.

Lakshmi did know about why Shivani left for Canada. She knew the actual reason behind it but couldn't say it because of the promise.

The only option left for her now was to get Gauri convinced for this marriage, which was definitely going to be hard.

Reyansh, on the other hand, sat on hi bed and scrolled through his chats with Shivani which made him smile.

alazysharma._ : what's this username? And again, do I know you?

not_sosereyous : well my brother kept this username, maybe it means something in french IDK. And umm, well, yes maybe you do.

alazysharma._ : haha, I think your brother might be fooling around with you. And mind explaining how we know eachother?

not_sosereyous : Yes maybe, he likes to play around. And would you mind if I tell you later how we know eachother. I mean, it's okay if you feel uncomfortable and don't want to talk to me after this.. but you'll know if you keep talking to me. I promise I'm not a creep. And if it's uncomfortable you can stop talking to me, I won't bother.