10.

"Just a friendly reminder," Mr. Harris started from the front of the classroom as I sat beside a highlighting Stiles, "parent/teacher conferences are tonight. Students below a C average are required to attend."

"I guess that means you're going," I snickered to Stiles who rolled his eyes with a smile, still highlighting.

"Won't name you," Mr. Harris said, walking down the middle of the rows, "because the shame and self-disgust should be more than enough punishment." He stopped beside Stiles, looking at us. "Has anyone seen Scott McCall?" I shook my head and Stiles slowly looked up.

The door opened and I turned to see Jackson walk in late, not talking to anyone as he sat down.

"Hey, Jackson," Mr. Harris started, placing a hand on Jackson's shoulder. "If you need to leave early for any reason, you let me know."

"Seriously?" I quietly said, rolling my eyes at them. "He wasn't the only one in the video store last night."

"Everyone, start reading chapter nine," our teacher said, and I opened my textbook as Stiles kept highlighting the whole damn page. "Mr. Stilinski. Try putting the highlighter down between paragraphs. It's chemistry, not a colouring book."

I snorted, looking at Stiles who spat the highlighter lid out of his mouth and into the air above us before catching it.

"You can catch that but not a lacrosse ball?" I raised a brow at him.

He gave me a childish look before leaning toward Danny who sat in front of us. "Hey, Danny. Can I ask you a question?"

Danny looked back at me, and I shrugged my shoulders. Even I didn't know what Stiles was up to.

"No," he said to Stiles and then turned back around.

"Well, I'm going to anyway," Stiles said. "Um, did Lydia show up in your homeroom today?"

And there it was, the last nail in my coffin. I should've taken Mr. Stilinski's offer and stayed home today. Right now, I could be having a bubble bath with candles instead of this.

Danny sighed, not looking back at us. "No."

Stiles looked back at me, but I was already looking down at my textbook, not wanting to be part of this anymore.

"Can I ask you another question?" he asked Danny, leaning forward in his chair.

"Answer's still no."

"Does anyone know what happened to her and Jackson last night?" Stiles still asked anyway.

"He wouldn't tell me."

Now that grabbed my attention, making me look at them. "But he's your best friend," I said.

Danny sighed, looking over a Jackson and then he went back to his textbook.

"One more question," Stiles said, leaning more on his chair. "Do you find me attractive?"

I cracked up laughing, only to laugh harder as Stiles' chair gave out and he crashed forward, making me drop my head into my hands to cover my face.

"You're an idiot," I wheezed.

Today had been the worst day ever. First, I had to deal with Stiles being worried about Lydia. Then I had to deal with trying to contact Scott who had gone M.I.A and barely gave me any information when I did get through to him, and then after that, I ran into Derek at school. Oh, and now, I'm at Lydia's damn house with Stiles.

I wouldn't mind a wolfsbane bullet to the head right now, can't lie.

Mrs. Martin was surprised to see me again after so many years, but she let me and Stiles in to see my once best friend without question.