four

the ex-partners had texted a bit more after that to figure out when and where they should talk about things. they decided that y/n's room after school the next day would work the best.

once that time had come, y/n was nervous. she had been letting her anxiety eat at her all day. she was 99% sure that she was a horrible girlfriend and that's why they broke up.

the two were in y/n's room, y/n on her bed and kirishima on her desk chair, but it had been turned to face y/n.

"i should start-"

"i'm sorry for whatever i did."

kirishima looked at her confused. 

"what have you done?" kirishima turned his head.

"i actually don't know," y/n began picking at her cuticles. "i kinda assumed you broke up with me cause i did something to you."

"no!" kirishima stood up. y/n's eyes widened. "sorry that was dramatic," he sat back down and y/n laughed slightly. "you didn't do anything wrong, n/n. you were an amazing girlfriend." 

"so what happened?" y/n frowned. 

"i was just," kirishima sighed. "i was being stupid. i had convinced myself that you'd leave me soon enough, so i left first." 

"dumbass," y/n mumbled as she picked up one of her stuffed animals off her bed and threw it at him. "i wasn't going anywhere! clearly i'm still stuck on you."

"i know i wasn't thinking," kirishima whined as he threw the stuffed animal back on y/n's bed. "i regretted my choice the second i went through with it, but i didn't know how to take it back."

"well, you can't. not now, at least."

"i know," kirishima leaned back in her chair and sighed. 

"maybe one day," y/n said, causing kirishima to shoot back up and look at her. "but not right now, you piss me off too much." kirishima looked confused.

"you could've talked to me about this! if you were having doubts, we could've worked through them without throwing the whole relationship away."

"well i know that now," kirishima mumbled.

"right right," y/n shook her head and walked over to kirishima, and gave him a side hug while he was still sitting down. "you can take your time, come back to me when you're ready."

"i know," kirishima mumbled into y/n's side as he tightened the hug. "i missed this."

"yeah," y/n ran her fingers along the spikes in his hair. "so did i."