three

"c'mon! you can't avoid him forever!" mina put her body weight on y/n's door, who was trying her best to close it.

"i don't wanna!" mina had shoved the door, causing y/n to lose her balance.

with the door now open, mina grabbed the back of y/n's hoodie and dragged her out of her room.

"you aren't letting me go, are you?" y/n sighed as she closed her door.

"nope!" mine skipped down the hall happily as y/n whined about seeing her ex.

as much as she tried playing it off in front of mina, she really did want to talk to him again. it was no secret to anyone who knew y/n that she missed kirishima. once the two ended things she tried her best to move on, but it never worked. her mind always found its way back to kirishima.

she didn't know what hurt more: not knowing why he left or seeing him happy without her.

y/n would always find herself wondering what happened between the two of them. whenever she laid eyes on him during class she felt her heart ache more than it had when the day started.

once they had reached mina's door, mina let go of y/n and turned to her.

"if you don't want to do this, i won't force you," mina gave y/n a sad smile. y/n sighed and adjusted her hood that mina had 100% wrinkled.

"it was gonna happen sooner or later," y/n opened the door to mina's door and stepped back to let her in first. "might as well get it over with."

when the two walked in, kirishima was pacing while sero and kaminari were trying to calm him down. kaminari was the first to notice y/n had walked in.

"oh my god!" kaminari jumped up, almost hitting sero in the process. he ran at the girl, almost knocking her over with a hug.

"we saw one another in class today," y/n laughed while hugging kaminari back.

"but it's not the same," kaminari wiped a fake tear from his eye and let go of the girl.

"why'd you bring her?" bakugo groaned. the paper was due the next day and there was no way he'd be able to focus now.

"glad to know i was missed," y/n chuckled softly. kaminari sat back down beside sero and motioned for y/n to sit next to them, which she did.

the room grew quiet. y/n moved further back on mina's bed so her back would be leaning against the wall. she put her headphones on and began scrolling on her phone.

kirishima watched as her face lit up every so often. he didn't want to get too close so soon, so he stayed on the floor. mina had sat beside him and nudged him while raising her eyebrows toward y/n.

"isn't that hoodie yours?"

kirishima felt his face get hot as he realized that it in fact was his hoodie that she had on. he nodded slowly before turning away, making sure that she wouldn't notice him staring.

"talk to her,' mina whispered before beginning to paint her own nails.

a few moments later y/n saw a notification pop up on her phone.

kirishima

can we talk?

y/n looked up from her phone, now making eye contact with kirishima. the two looked away at the same time. y/n went back to her phone to respond.

l/n

yeah, sure