Chapter 31 - Into the Eye of the Strom

Start from the beginning

Putting away the letter on her desk, Najenda sighed and replied, "It seems some of our informants were able to get their hands on some really... important news... They are saying that the Imperial Intelligence Agency was able to trach our previous base."

With a grim face, she continued, "That is also why we are here.", pointing at the room they were in with her chin, Najenda replied. "And it was confirmed as, as soon as we moved our base, it was raided by the Imperial Army."

Ruffing her hair, Leone asked seriously, "So that means... There is an insider... Huh.", The chance of the information being leaked was next to none, but it was leaked, and this all pointed to someone in their organization being a spy.

Nodding her head, Najenda continued, "That is a speculation, with a very high chance of being true. But there is another important thing that has arisen."

"Leone. Please gather everyone. There is an important news.", Najenda rubbed her chin with her mechanical arm and sighed.

"Yeah. We can become allies but the information that he provided us with is very... controversial..."

"Oh? Boss, what's in that letter that made you so stressed? It's not every day when I see you sigh.", Leone joked at her, only to receive a side glare, making her raise her hand in surrender, as she walked out to gather everyone in their new 'hall'.

Looking at the empty room, Najenda finally relaxed herself, and bought out a cigarette and lit it up. "Shadow Garden... What's their main goal? And why is the Revolutionary Army supporting it? Those bastards are saying that they have the child of the previous emperor on their side, but we don't know if the information is true or not."

"And they are supporting this so-called 'Prince'... Is the Revolutionary Army corrupted from within from some outside force.", With narrowed eyes, Najenda speculated. Her thinking pointed at the higher-ups of the Revolutionary Army being under some sort of hidden control."

"Such big news would generally be delivered to me physically and given evidence for why they are doing that. But they have only sent this letter to me, but have made no appointment with me? This is suspicious."

This was a very bad news. Without the Revolutionary Army, they will be at the lowest point. The Army is the one providing them with information and supplies. 'The only thing that we can do is wait... Wait for an appointment or go into hiding.'

Yes, they also had their own sources, but Night Raid, as a singular independent organization had almost next to no chances of winning and freeing the Empire from the clutches of corrupted officials and the 'Imperial Family', which was being controlled by Honest, the prime minister.

Taking a deep breath from the cigarette, she puffed out the smoke from her lungs, as her nerves began to calm down and her mind began to clear out. Her thoughts started to formulate what they could do to prove that the Revolutionary Army was not under someone's control now.

*Phew*

Taking another puff of the cigarette, she felt the tremor in the floor and understood that all the Night Raid members were near the hall, making her straighten her posture and return to her serious phase.

Najenda had this feeling of crisis rising in her heart. This feeling kept screaming at her that there was something wrong with the letter and the Revolutionary Army.

What Najenda didn't know was that Ryo was already in control of the Revolutionary Army and almost more than half of the Imperial Army which was stationed, within the Empire, using his 'Blue Pills', so he already knew what was going on. Her speculation was almost at the point.

He was the one who slowed down the Imperial Army, enough for Night Raid to escape, and also used 'Danger Beasts', to stop the Army in their tracks, giving Night Raid enough time to even process that the information was true.