Six

Tyler drove to Harpers house with a box full of Italian shaved ice and a jar of pickles, pulling into her driveway putting his car in park pulling out his phone sending her a message.

Tyler:

come and get it runt

He heard some commotion from her house her opening the door immediately without shoes on her hair in a messy bun wearing a oversized buttoned up shirt and a pair of shorts. She walked out of her door walking to his car as he rolled down his window raising his eyebrow at her as she leaned into the window with a sleepy expression.

"Took your ass long enough you ass hat" she said

he rolls his eyes grabbing the bag with the shaved ice and pickles "i got you a variety pack of Italian shaved ice and a large jar of pickles"

Harper opened the bag and teared up "you got the wrong pickles jackass"

Tyler looked at her confused "y-you weren't specific, i just got you the largest jar i saw" he replied stuttering shocked

She sniffled "i wanted burger pickles the dill ones that has the fresh crunch" replying crying

Tyler watched her in shock as her whole demeaner changed in a instant "u-um i can go back out and get them.... just calm down"

Harper pouted looking at him "i wanna go with you so you don't fuck up even more"

He looked at her "do you want to put on clothes orrrr?" She glared at him and gets into his passenger seat and speaks "drive ass hat" she buckled herself in crossing her arms pouting making Tyler sighed shaking his head turning his car back on putting his car in reverse to get out of the drive way and puts it into drive heading to the grocery store once again. As Tyler was driving Harper got comfortable in the passenger seat opening the Italian ice box pulling a watermelon cup out and a little wooden spoon from the box opening the Italian ice and began eating it. Tyler glanced over at her raising his eyebrow "hey don't make a mess in my car you runt" She didn't respond she just continued to eat her Icey in piece looking straight ahead.

Tyler pulled into the grocery store parking lot parking his car, as he was turning off his car he heard the passenger door closed, as he looked he saw Harper walking to the entrance. He cursed under his breath unbuckling his seat belt and getting out of the car locking the door as he walked away from the car entering the grocery store behind her. Tyler followed behind her with his hands in his pockets following her to the pantry isle of the store standing at the end of the row waiting for her, he pulls out his phone waiting for her pulling up some websites to help him understand pregnancy better when he hears a male voice talking to Harper. Tyler lifts his head to see Harpers eyes widened backing up as a male with dark brown hair walks towards her blocking her. Tyler clicks his phone off raising his eyebrow as he sees Harper getting upset, he shoves his phone in his pocket as he listens to the conversation getting closer.

"Harper you really let yourself go since the last time i saw you" the male said

"Get away from me Elijah! i don't want to be anywhere near you" she glared at him trying to keep her emotions in check

"oh come on Harper you know, ill give you another chance even if you did cheat on me" Elijah said with malice in his tone.

"i don't want another chance, and if i remember correctly you cheated on me first! now move" she said as she tried to push past him but Elijah grabbed her arm slamming her back into the shelf making her flinch in fear.

"Don't act like your all important you little whore" Elijah said gritting his teeth grabbing Harpers face with one of his free hands forcing her to look at him squeezing her face tightly with a smirk. Harpers eyes began to water and she squeezed her eyes shut when for a few moments when she felt the grip on her face disappear, she opened one of her eyes to see Tyler glaring down at Elijah raising his eyebrow down at the smaller man and speaks "who do you think you are touching her?"

Elijah growls at Tyler yanking his hand from Tyler and speaks "who the hell are yo- wait... your the guy the little tramp cheated on me with" Elijah snorted.

Tyler eyes Elijah up and down and grabbed Harper pulling her to him and speaks "did you find what you needed sweet heart?" Harper looked up at him surprised nodding "y-yes". Tyler nodded looking back at Elijah.

Elijah looked back at him scoffing in amusement "what is this? Your interested in a mess like that? I mean come on man you can do better then that"

Harper looked down at the ground wraps her arms around her belly ashamed Tyler looked down at her and back at Elijah and speaks in a monotone voice "I'm gonna say this one time and one time only limp dick bitch" she leans down slightly to Elijah's eyelevel and continues glaring into his eyes "you talk about the mother of my child like that one more time i will end you with no hesitation got it?" With that comment harpers eyes shot up to look at Tyler shocked and then looked at Elijah who's eyes were widened and shocked as well. With that Tyler wrapped his arm around Harpers shoulder and turned around walking away with her wrapped in his large arm to the check out.

Harper looked down at the ground tearing up as Tyler took the jar pf pickles and paid for it without hesitation, he glanced at her sighing lightly grabbing her hand taking her back to his car getting her inside and buckled her in the passenger seat setting the jar in her lap closing the door as he walked to the drivers side getting in letting out a sigh of relief. He glanced over at the sad woman next to him and he breaks the silence. "I'm sorry i told him you were pregnant I'm sure you didn't want anyone to know... especially him" Harper shook her head sniffling and she looks at him "i dont care about that... they didn't have the right cut pickles i wanted! i had to get the whole pickle! they didn't have the crinkle cuuuut" she said crying making Tyler look at her for a moment and chuckled slightly.

"lets get you home before you flood my car in tears ill cut your pickles for you how you want them okay?" He said starting the car as Harper continued to cry nodding her head as he pulled out of the parking lot heading to her house.