2x5 - Motel California

Start from the beginning

"See? It is the motel! Either we need to get out of here right now, or... someone needs to learn how to do an exorcism ASAP, before the Werewolves go crazy and kill us." I heard Lydia. As I was resting my head on my arms, it was pitch black. But then, I saw something. A vision. I heard whisperings, but it was impossible to understand what they were saying. I looked around, I was now in a dark place, almost like void. I first saw Isaac, under his bed, screaming and crying for his father. Before I could go to him, he disappeared. Then, I saw Boyd. He was laying in a bathtub, repeating the same words. 'It is my fault. She is dead because of me.' And again, before I could go, he disappeared too. After that, I saw Scott. He was pouring gasoline on the ground and he was holding a road flare. 'Scott...' I tried to scream but I had no voice. And after he disappeared, I saw Ethan, he was holding the hand saw. 

"Rachel!" Stiles shouted, caused me to came back into real life. I was now, standing in front of a door, a door where handsaw voice was coming. As Stiles pushed the door open, we saw Ethan holding the hand saw, getting ready to cut himself in two. "Hey, no! Ethan, don't!" Stiles shouted and started fighting with Ethan to grab the handsaw. I was watching them frozen. Someone was going to get hurt. One of them was going to get her. Everything happened so quick. Ethan dropped the handsaw and he pushed Stiles. Just before he fall onto it, Lydia unplugged the saw, caused it to stop and she saved Stiles' life. "Stiles!" I shouted and ran to him. But before I could hug him, Ethan tried to claw himself this time. Stiles jumped onto him to stop him, caused Ethan to press on the heater. And as he touched it, he fell onto the ground in pain. "What just happened?" He asked to us as he stood up. I left the breath I was holding and I rested my head on Stiles' chest, he rounded his arm around me. But then, Ethan made a move to leave the room and we had to follow him. "Ethan!" Stiles told him, trying to stop him. "Didn't you hear what I just said? I don't know how I got there, or what I was doing." Ethan told Stiles as we were climbing down the stairs. "Okay, you could be a little more helpful, you know? We did just save your life." I told him. "And you probably shouldn't have." He said and left, leaving us with question we cannot answer by ourselves. 

"What now?" Lydia asked as Ethan left us alone. "I'll find Scott-- you guys grab Isaac and Boyd. The best thing we can do is get them out of this place." Allison told us, started climbing the stairs. As Lydia went behind her, Stiles looked at her. Oh, I knew that look. He had trust issues. He was thinking that she was doing this. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?" Lydia told him as she realized it. "Oh, no, I w--" Stiles tried to talk, but I knew it was useless. It was Lydia, she knows. "Stiles..."

"All right, Lydia. I didn't want to say anything, but this? Everything we're going through? We've kind of been through something like this before." He told her, oh I see. "What do you mean? When?" Lydia asked, completely no idea what he was referring to. I sighed. "Your birthday party... the night you poisoned everyone with wolfsbane." I told her. Lydia turned to me in shock. "You too? Oh my God..." She muttered, then started walking away from us. "Lydia, we're sorry, okay? Look, we didn't mean that you're trying to kill people, okay?" I told her but she wasn't listening. "We just... We just meant that, maybe... maybe you're somehow involved in getting people to kill themselves, you know?" Stiles said this time. "...Which, now that I say that out loud, it just sounds really terrible, so I'm just going to stop talking..." He continued, then Lydia stopped. "Guys, do you hear that?" She asked to us, we weren't hearing anything. "What?" Stiles asked, but got no answer. "Lydia, honey, what are you hearing?" I asked this time. "A baby crying..." She said. "I hear... I hear water running." She said as she kneeled down in front of the manhole. "She's drowning the baby! Someone's drowning!" Lydia screamed at us. Then I remembered. Boyd. My vision. "Boyd! He's drowning!" I shouted at them. We started running at our fastest pace to Boyd's room, Stiles opened the door and we went to his bathroom straightly. He was, drowning. He tried to open the drain. "He blocked it. He blocked the drain with something, I can't get to it." Stiles said with panic in his voice. "What do we do?" I asked, with the same panic in my voice. "Here, help me--" Stiles said as he tried to pull up the safe on Boyd, which was holding him down. Lydia and I both tried to help him but it was too heavy. "Is he dead? How long can a Werewolf stay underwater?" Lydia asked him, caused Stiles to snap at her. "You think I know that?!"

He walked away to find a way, but he touched the heater and shouted in pain. "Wait a sec-- the heater. Heater. Ethan came out of it when he touched the heater." He told us, I turned to him in hope. "What?" Lydia asked. "It's heat-- heat, fire... Heat does it, all right? We need something... We need fire." I explained to her, Stiles mouthed 'thank you' to me, I smiled. "...He's underwater." Lydia told us. "Yeah, I'm aware of that." Stiles told her. Road flares Scott was holding in my vision. "Wait, wait-- the bus! On the bus, they'll have emergency road flares. They have their own oxidizers. They can burn underwater." Lydia told before I could, with more scientific explanations. "Are you serious?" He asked, I pushed him out of the room. "Yeah! Go! Go!" I said, he started running to the bus. When I turned to Lydia, she was looking at me with one eyebrow high. "What?" I said. "So, you and Stiles?" She said, I sighed. "It's not the time, Lyds. I'll tell you and Allison everything as soon as this finishes." I said, just in time Stiles came in running. "I got 'em. What do I do? How do I do this?" He told us, Lydia quickly told him. "The cap-- it's like a match. The cap's a match." 

He was trying but he couldn't do it because he was under stress. "Stiles!" Lydia shouted, I put my arm on his back. "You can do it, Stiles. Come on." I reassured him. He smiled at me then turned to Lydia. "I'm trying!" He said, then he lit it. He quickly tossed in into the tab, pushed me and Lydia both to back as Boyd pushed the safe out of the tub and he stood up roaring. As he got up, I took the flare and gave it to Stiles. "Isaac, he is under the bed." I whispered to him. He looked confused. "How do you know?" He whispered back. "I just know! Go!" I whisper-yelled him, he did what I told. He went to Isaac bed, kneeled down and pulled the blanket up. "Hey Isaac... got something for ya..." He said, then touched the flare onto Isaac's bare skin. 

After fixing the three of them, only Scott was left. As we left the room, we encountered with Allison. "I can't find Scott anywhere." She told us as we were all climbing down the stairs. "It's happening to him, too, isn't it?" Stiles asked to us, I nodded. "Yes." 

"There was another flare on the bus, we'll get it and use it for Scott." Stiles said, but I saw it. I saw Scott, covered in gasoline, holding the flare on his hand. "Scott...?" Allison told as we were walking to him slowly. "Scott." Allison said again, caused him to turn us. "There's no hope." Scott told. "What do you mean, Scott? There's always hope." Allison answered to him, we let Allison talk to him as we stood back. "Not for me... Not for Derek..." Scott told her. "Derek wasn't your fault. You know Derek wasn't your fault." 

"Every time I try to fight back, it just gets worse. People keep getting hurt. People keep getting killed." Scott said, Stiles stepped in front of Scott this time. "Scott, listen to me, okay? This isn't you, all right? This is someone inside your head, telling you to do this. Okay? Now--" Stiles started to talk but Scott didn't let him finish. "What if it isn't? What if it is just me? What if doing this is actually the best thing that I could do for everyone else? It all started that night-- the night I got bitten. You remember the way it was before that? You and me, we were... we were... we were nothing. We weren't popular. We weren't good at lacrosse. We weren't important. We were no one. Maybe I should just be no one again-- no one at all."

"Scott, just listen to me, okay? You're not no one. Okay? You're someone. You're-- Scott, you're my best friend. Okay? And I need you. Scott, you're my brother, all right? So... So, if you're gonna do this, then..." Stiles said as he stepped closer and closer to Scott, eventually he stepped onto the gasoline puddle. "I think you're just gonna have to take me with you, then." He told, held Scott's hand on the flare. No, this couldn't be it. Then, Stiles took it out of Scott's hand and tossed it away. As they were hugging, the flare starting rolling slowly to the puddle. "NO!" I screamed, threw myself over them to get them away from the puddle. Allison and Lydia jumped to the other side with us at the same time. As we fell onto the ground, the puddle turned into a fireball.